|
Woozah i'm back from cohort trip. WARNING this is gonna be a real long post containing 4 days worth of entries so... Haha be in for a long read. =)
24 MAY 2005 First Day
I'M WRITING IN THE freakin TOUR BUS.
Wahaha. Secondary 2 Malaysia Montage Cohort Trip. Yet I pictured a wonderfully fun and peaceful idyll, now I sit, cursing the bus for making me write this blog entry at half my writing speed. So hell of a bumpy ride.
Okayy, now I pause and I'm looking at the first paragraph i've written. It's a real masterpiece, right. I can might as well go patent my fantastic font. lol. The bus is real freaky. I sit all the way at the back, next to the window. Countless flies whine all over the place. Heh. We already whacked a few already. Overhead, the unmovable and un-switchable aircon blares into my face as I scribble my blog entry on foolscap. So i put on a cap. Heck it didn't make any difference. I still had to put up with the blaring cold air. By the way the aircon compartment looks like a stuck pig. One air vent is open and working, but it's gushing at double the pressure cuz the other vent was falling apart, and some clown stuffed a roll of newspaper up it's central vent. It was a wonderful means of entertainment, mind you. Couldn't stop staring at it.
The movie that was playing on the bus since we entered Malaysia had just ended. Walao 2 more states to go before we reach KL. Now that brings me to another thing. Haha we just came back on board after a snack break. I was queueing in a miserably empty KFC outlet to buy a box of popcorn chicken. Heh apart from the terribly long line of RI dudes the restaurant was rather quiet. The air was stale. Ugh.
While queueing (believe me, i had to ask my friends how to spell 'queueing' again and again) I chanced upon our 'beloved' com teacher AC not too far behind me. What an honour. Haha. Okay she seemed less moody than usual but there was still that prominent frown etched (or perhaps drilled) into her face. Signature frown. And then she was yelling at some RI guys to stop cutting the queue. Haha. Had I not had a rather a stern (and groggy) composure I would have been laughing my head off. The real punch came when she ask the guy in front of her, "Wanna be my friend? I buy that RM 5.95 Zinger meal combo and you take the potato wedges..." Now that sent me fighting down the laughter down my throat. I forced a calm smile and tried to hide my hideously constipated face. In the end i managed to buy the box of popcorn chicken, and scrammed before I let it all out. Thankfully the manual depression of my laugh reduced it to a giggle (sounds gay, pardon me). Whew. Didn't get screwed by her. Perhaps we sec2s will extend our wrath when the time comes. AC outta this world. Woohoo.
Freakin hell can't take this anymore. The bus ride is making me sick. So I shall snooze a little. Every now and then the bus leaving the poor passengers inside in a state of pandemonium. I hate my Converse cap. I always have to go find it around the front of the bus after every jerk. Okay that was an exaggeration, I'm sorry...
Snooze snooze snooze. I reached KL after a few hours. Lol we reach the FRIM (Forest Research Institute of Malaysia) and we had... eh what you would call "lunch". Hmph. We were one of the last few to reach the FRIM and yeah it was a rather *coughs* filling meal. In fact it was a very muddy one as well. Haha i finished my plate of rice and dried vegs. >.< and found myself stepping into a pile of shit-like mud while returning the plates into a big container. Haha the mud didn't stop there. My running shoes received full blow when I tried to get water. Same goes for going to the toilet. Aww nvm. What would one expect from a FOREST zone anyway. Haha.
The worst part wasn't the lunch. Oh wait WAIT. Wrong word usage. The FUN part wasn't the lunch. Haha take a look at the canopy trek. Woots it was hell lot of adventure, though while trekking I hated every single dirty filthy muddy part of it. Well that was rather mistaken. After I went through the whole thing it left a "wow" to my lips. LoL.
It all began with a... perhaps 1 km walk up the terrain. Haha the guide told us to stuff the ends of our track pants into our socks to prevent injury OR insect attacks. Haha poor jongoh. Didn't read instructions and came in boardshorts. His ankle socks didn't help much either. Lol even I had a hard time stuffing my socks. Although high enough to pass sch rules, there were too low to sutff anything. Okay seems like i used one paragraph to write about sock-stuffing. Cool. =)
And so we proceeded to trek up. I was at the very back of the group, behind linan and infront of Dr. Razif. Oh along the way linan attempted a few unsuccessful attempts to demonstrate the domino effect. Thanks to me. Haha. If not he would have succeeded. A short walk after, we were stuck 500m high from ground level. We then went on.
I overtook a few people along the way and continued. Haha everyone was losing their breaths. Okay nothing much to yak about. We soon reached the canopy and it was nice. Now we had to cross a rope bridge suspended all the way across the canopy. To think danny had vertigo. Lol okay I don't actually know, so danny if you feel mad about it, find ningyu. Linan was kinda jiggled too. I was happily hopping across it, but heh it proved too hard for me. Lol serves me right for being so act-seh. Wahaha.
In the middle of the bridge the view was real pretty. The foreground being all the forests and stuff, the background being the cityline. Wow. Was captivated but didn't bring camera. Drats.
Haha. The next thing after the bridge was how to get down. Figures we really had a problem. It was pouring (yes, rain and lightning) when we descended. Haha the guide took a rather innovative path which had few steps. Most of it was simply rock and water. Hah, and there was this big pipe in the middle of the path to hold on to. Lol. It wasn't easy. We were all agonizingly trying not to fall. Heh lucky i didn't fall at all. The most interesting thing was when the guide himself slipped and fell butt-first into the shit-like mud. Omg he looke baaad. Lol.
We finally made it down, very long later. Lol what a great day. Everyone was drenched like a soaked pig. I wonder why i use the term pig. LoL now it sounds so right to use it... =) After that it was a short bus trip (where i wrote this second-half) and back to the hotel. Day two awaits! =D
#Okay that was only the first day. 3 days to go. 0_o
25 MAY 2005 Second Day
Bleah. Some crap i wrote on the bus. Enjoy. =)
Spin, spin spin In my world, one big whirl. One fantasy, one life To one goal, we all strive.
Burst of will, cherished Crucial to the delicate ends of our hearts. Nested deep, comforted soul Wings alight, here we go.
On this journey, near and far It leaves our mind, a door ajar. Open to the vast, Right until the last.
Flicker, flicker... Gone. And then alight again.
(Okay for the next bit i was listening to "Kun Shou Zhi Dou" by Jay Chou on my mp3 player, which affected my writing heavily along to the music. Haha)
The soft beats of the harsh reality Tapping on your front door, ever so resonating. Wake up. Sigh into the thickening fog. Ever so tired, the strength of fatigue brings you down. Rear your trodden, evil, selfish side. Stare and burn into your very hatred. Cry. Shout. Scream. Out goes that pain. That anguish. Brought down to your knees, Pull back cries of relief, Wait to see the light in your life.
(The last bit was also heavily affected by another song. "Qing Tian" by Jay Chou)
Feel the pleasant sweetness around you. Grass is green, sky is blue. Ice is warm, Lava is cool. Everything falls into balance. For you, for everyone. Hold your hand as we walk Ever so quiet, so tranquil. One and on it goes. Front to back, back to front. Palindromic idyll. That pleasant sweetness.
#Second day done. 2 more to go. Haha relax it's quite short.
26 MAY 2005 Third Day
Haha. Almost died of flu yesterday night. At least i feel much better now. Whew. Currently it's 4.12pm, and I'm on the bus down Cameron Highlands. It's getting real boring. My snacks have all run out and everyone is sleeping. Heh. Tonight we're checking into a 5-star hotel. All's gonna be fun! C'ya.
#Now that was short. I had flu and couldn't write any further.
27 MAY 2005 LAST day!
All's well ends well. Hah. What a relaxing trip. Was feeling ever so high these 4 days. Now it all ends, today, where I hit the hard ground and wake up. I'm in the bus again. Everyone's sleeping. My mp3 player and digicam are out of battery. Crap.
There, at the back of the bus i sit, gazing at the bright sky. I look down, admiring the dog-tag and ring i bought in a night market. Sigh, it's all gonna end soon. The gear's shifting, my drive's getting worked.
Snap back to reality, whoops there goes gravity. Haha the bus just sounded its horn. Waked me up even more. Now I don't really feel high anymore. I feel serious. I feel stern. I feel Rafflesian. Lol.
Okay enough lame talk. Buzzz. Gonna sleep my time away. Tonight I'm gonna go on msn messenger and chat like mad. I'm gonna switch my phone on & sms like mad. Heh. Communication is ever so... so... so... err... crucial? LoL.
*Au revoir. C'est la fin de mon aventure de Malaysie!* I hope i got my french correct.
#And that was four days. Not too long i hope. Haha. Today was not too special. Just a lot of snoozing. Haha cya.
|