|
Today was happy. Well yesterday was happier! Haha I got so carried away I forgot to blog altogether. Oh well. Time never ceases to slow down, and apparently it has not. Today's the first day of the nationals, the TRACK NATIONALS. It's the opening day of achieved dreams, new hope, gained determination and... everlasting spirit. Haha don't mind me I'm obsessed. XD
One lousy thing about today was that it had 5 MUG lessons back to back. I survived Geography and Biology but couldn't stand Maths. In the end I dozed off. Oh no... gotta revise again... T_T Thankfully History turned out to be a free period, and I spent that hour doodling name designs for people. Haha! So far I've drawn name designs for 8 people. Today I drew 4. XD for Julian, Andrew, Yoggi and Danny. Gonna draw more. Sooner or later I'll see my name designs on everyone's msn display pic. YEAH MAN.
Now I'm writing this blog entry, during the french class break. The bell has just rung again. Everyone is flocking back to the classrooms. OH YA talking about french... We got a relief teacher today cuz Mr Yong had to accompany a few students for a tea reception at the Alliance Francaise, and everyone STONED the whole lesson away. Haha I guess our teacher was overly strict. We were all shot with questions pertaining to the new grammar component we had just learnt, and of course everyone screwed up. Haha I agonizingly endured the 2 hours today. >< She spoke in slightly rapid french today and a few people couldnt catch up. Ohwell. XD
I stumbled upon this poem not too long ago and I took a few excerpts of it:
Each generation makes a sacrifice of youth and beauty to the God of War. The poppies blow on ancient battlefields that flowed with blood of men now turned dust, remembered briefly for a day, till history turns a page. The notice at the gateway reads: No singing, dancing, picking flowers.
Now I only took two stanzas out of it. Here's the other one.
My leaden footsteps falter, tongue is mute. I pluck a crimson blossom from a vine, in silence lay it on a grave that could be mine.
Haha these two stanzas are from a poem by Hilarie Lindsay (Don't ask me if this person has any links to any celebrities cuz there's totally NO link and so there.) Well it's actually a war poem about the loss of the lives of innocent men, hopeful and strong, but however sadly their fate was crushed by war and fighting. Well think about it. We people are fighting this war too. The war in the spirit of healthy competition. The war to stamp out inferiority. The war for superiority. The war for everything that's different and unjust. We are all fighting, no matter on what kind of battlefield. It's a big war out there. And we're the soldiers.
Judgement day LOOMS. I'm gearing up, REDSHIFT.
|