tagboard +
jonlim;




friends&links;

aarongoh adrielchang alicia andrea anna annie anzhen april arathi arina audrey bentan biquan bryanchia catherine chaiping charlyn cheryllynn chrisanda chrisfang claire danialhakim danny daryl denise edison edwyna farhana gabrieltong geraldine geri guowei haozhi hiokhong hiutung huiwen isabella janan jane japheth jasmine jeremy jiacong jiahao jiahao jianxiong jongoh joycegoh karliang kartik katrina kevinquah kexin kieranrc leroy linan louis lydia marcus mariel marvin mathan matthias minzhe moneyfaces mrpaullim nabil nigel norman pamela portfolio qiwen renhao reuben robinson royce ruiling ruixin ryan sadikin samantha samy santriani serene shangxuan shanzhi shawnlee shawnneo shikai siyi surya tagboard tami tammy theodore timchow timothy tingzhang tom valerie vinna vivian walter wangting weihan weiling weisheng weiting wenjian willzhang xiangying xintian yanhan yewei yongjian yongkong yuda yuze zeslene
archives;

1. HAZE - The comic series part 1
2. HAZE - The comic series part 2
3. Script Check!
4. Prospects of Boxing!
5. Career Prospects!
6. Mirrors! Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter

Sunday, July 31

I'm writing this now cuz I won't have time to blog tonight. Haha I will share everything that will happen tonight when I blog tomorrow. =) Well then, a week has passed since the track nationals and somehow A LOT of changes have happened to me. My priorities have changed, my frame of mind, and my future planning as well. Ah well, I'm gonna sum up what I'm gonna say into just four words. THIS IS NOT GOOD.

Okay. Let me slowly tackle each point that's coming to mind now. Hmmm.

STUDIES & GRADES.
Well then this is one factor that has changed drastically and affect heavily. My entire frame of mind has changed and has not reverted back ever since the end of track nats. Before that I was trying to achieve perfection all the time, rushing for deadlines super early and finishing them off, tackling every nook and cranny that's imperfect. How nice as it may seem, it didn't really work out well and after the track nats, I'm seemingly changing my working method. I find myself having more free time for myself, but the fact is I feel uneasy having free time. Wahah last semester I was in a big vicious cycle, staying up late and waking up early, and then feeling all tired throughout the day. And I had almost no free time cuz I was trying to finish off everything at every moment, and yes Rafflesians all know that work never stops coming in. Okay I've been whirling and swirling around this point. The main point is, I feel uneasy with my new frame of mind, leaving work till near deadlines then working on them, though i have more free time for myself (somehow). I'm not happy with the way I study nowadays, but I feel more relaxed and free. Well the point is, I'm just um, SLACK nowadays. Don't ask me why cuz I've yet to figure out myself. I can't blame the track nats, there's simply no reason to, and I'm not planning to blame it. Anyway what i'm trying to achieve now, is to catch up on my lost lessons and finish off all the debted assignments and projects. I currently stand at 3 tests (being English/Lit, History and Chinese) next week, tied up with a chinese webpage project, an english presentation, an english essay, an english debate preparation, a philosophy presentation, a biology brochure project (that's overdue ><) and the bookmark lamination thingy. Hahaha guys I'm sorry for not being able to contribute much currently for the english presentation. I'll try my best to give more pointers and stuff. AND FINALLY for my continuation of education. Haha I'll never stop learning nevertheless. After RJC i'll most likely try for a local university. NUS is my choice now. But if I actually make the cut for a scholarship then I'll um, go overseas? Hahaha harvard is very very attracting you know. XD

TRACK AND FIELD.
Training is gonna resume next week. What a longggg break I've taken. My legs and joints are all recovered and fully functionable haha. Well tonight's 4.8km run and tomorrow afternoon's 4.8km run will be a good headstart for training. Haha I've been planning out my targets over this whole week. The thing is that I'm not happy for my performance at this year's nationals, being unable to qualify for my individual 400m, and missing by one position for 4x400m. Next year shall be the year of speed. The year of utmost improvement. My next 400m main target shall be 52 secs. And no slower. Seems highly impossible (52 secs is the current c div record) but no way will I let myself hang loose and train for nothing. If any parents or friends this I'm crazy and obsessed, then you all would've probably read The Straits Times article on sports obsession. Straits Times, I'm very unhappy with that article and I'll criticise that article someday when I feel like it. I'm definitely not obsessed cuz I know my limits and I enforce that I WILL STOP when I need to stop. I'm just determined. So much for competitive spirit and determination when parents now are trying to stop us from doing so. What the hell. So now I'm gonna wait for training, and begin my long journey to success. Raffles is NOT gonna lose it next year, I repeat. NOT NOT NOT.

RESPONSIBILITIES.
As you all might have already understood by reading the above, I'm having quite a bit of trouble with prioritising now. There's a mountain of work to clear, I'm waiting for training to resume, and I'm still taking up many other things. I'm gonna host malaysian elite students on the 8th and 9th of august as a offical governmental school exchange. I'm going to attend an inter-school philosophy dialogue session this coming friday. I'm going to finish off the lamination of bookmarks as soon as possible. Hahaha I enforce that this is not bad, but good for myself. And truthfully, I wanna take up more responsibilities. This year i'm at secondary two and next year will be Sec 3. More responsibilities will come my way. Well I'm gonna list out my main targets now. Classmates and friends who are reading this, I mean it. Haha.

1. To maintain my study grade of GPA 3.6 or higher.
2. To be head prefect 2007. I shall try.
3. To be track captain 2007. I shall try too.
4. To be in bayley house exco 2007.
5. To still continue to have a life.

These are my aspirations, true and blue. Right there you see it now. I'm happy for what I'm aiming for, and I'm just going to fight my way for it. As unlikely to achieve my goals as I seem now, I'm gonna improve and change for the better. Hopefully. Friends who support me, thanks a lot, i'll need your support. Guys who have the same aspirations and would want to fight for it too, all the best, and may the best man win. No offence to anyone and no hard feelings. I'm just gonna go for what's worth.

And finally, FRIENDS.
Comparing to my relationship with classmates last year, I've certainly improved alot I think. What I wish for now is to maintain good friendship with everyone and anyone. I won't want to hate anyone and I won't want anyone to hate me unless it's really worth hating me for something. I won't let strong competition destroy communication, that's one thing. Most importantly, I'll more or less carry on being the same JonLim y'all have known, and I won't change much. I'll progress slowly and calmly, most importantly, confidently.

That's all I can squeeze out of my tired mind now. Ciao. Gonna go for band concert soon.