tagboard +
jonlim;




friends&links;

aarongoh adrielchang alicia andrea anna annie anzhen april arathi arina audrey bentan biquan bryanchia catherine chaiping charlyn cheryllynn chrisanda chrisfang claire danialhakim danny daryl denise edison edwyna farhana gabrieltong geraldine geri guowei haozhi hiokhong hiutung huiwen isabella janan jane japheth jasmine jeremy jiacong jiahao jiahao jianxiong jongoh joycegoh karliang kartik katrina kevinquah kexin kieranrc leroy linan louis lydia marcus mariel marvin mathan matthias minzhe moneyfaces mrpaullim nabil nigel norman pamela portfolio qiwen renhao reuben robinson royce ruiling ruixin ryan sadikin samantha samy santriani serene shangxuan shanzhi shawnlee shawnneo shikai siyi surya tagboard tami tammy theodore timchow timothy tingzhang tom valerie vinna vivian walter wangting weihan weiling weisheng weiting wenjian willzhang xiangying xintian yanhan yewei yongjian yongkong yuda yuze zeslene
archives;

1. HAZE - The comic series part 1
2. HAZE - The comic series part 2
3. Script Check!
4. Prospects of Boxing!
5. Career Prospects!
6. Mirrors! Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter

Thursday, July 14

"And then he sped off, future unknown ahead of him.

Among the fierce tenacity, the burning determination and the mind-blowing fear, he ran on and on, faster, and fiercer than ever before. His attention however, was directed wrongly and that was a fatal mistake; He concentrated on the guy in front, the one in red. He tried to catch up.

No longer than 13 seconds the first 100 metres were gone. He went on, not giving a single thought about slowing down, nor giving up. That guy in red still remained in front. However, at the end of 200 metres, his legs had done all to get him that far. They numbed, froze and he was left all alone to push them, to bring himself through the second half.

The red guy was never overtaken."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was a continuation from the beautiful descriptive I wrote not too long ago. Today's 400m wasn't good. And yet before it, I was feeling so good about myself. Shit. I ran all out till 200m and totally died for the final 100m. I clocked 17-18 secs for that. OH SHUCKS LAH. Had I not tried to catch up that sports school guy, I would've gotten a better timing. I finished 61.9 seconds HT, 62.01 seconds ET, placed 35th in Singapore. Now after that I stood asking myself what went wrong, but I got no reply. My hamstring was okay today, and I didn't really feel lactic. When I finished I wasn't very tired, well as compared to early this year where I totally died after the race.

Just what went wrong? Wtf lah.

Coach told me that I ran too fast for the first 100m. In fact he said I clocked 12.92. Well serves me right for trying frantically to catch up that sports school guy. It caused me to clock a horrible 17-18 secs for my last 100m. Patience JonLim, be patient, have patience. I was just too rash and sprinted all the way. Got only myself to blame.

Anyway, no matter how I try to explain myself, it remains a fact that JonLim = 1:02:01 = DNQ.

The nationals is like a dog leash. I've been holding back alot during training for fear of injury. An injury would mean that I wouldn't be able to run for nats at all. Well now as soon as nats are over and I've had my break, I promise myself. I'm gonna train harder. I'm gonna train better. From 61 secs now, I'll do my best and hit at least 55 next year. I promise myself.

Tomorrow. 4x400m relay. Si Kai, Jason and Kieran, REDSHIFT c'mon. We're gonna qualify. For what's worth, and for everything we have. I have to remain patient. I'm gonna try and wait. For tomorrow, for 3 months, for my destiny.