|
Today was rather eventful I guess!
Early in the morning I went for this cip thing. Had to set up stuff and start a garage sale from 10am to 6pm and yeah I didn't know the whole event was headed by Riverlife at first. Haha since I lived so near Pasir Ris I was like, the first non-BB guy to reach the place. Yeah the Boys' Brigade guys were the main helpers and they needed more I guess. Soon after, Marcus arrived! And yeah we were manning the toys section. Eh it was super fun.

Garage sale! And oh the big interesting thing about the toys section was that we had this entire big collection of Lego Bionicles (yeah those usually priced like $19.90 at Toys'r'us) which cost a whopping FIVE DOLLARS. Had I been part of the crowd I'd have snatched the entire collection away. Plus there were these combined bionicles which possibly totalled $60 in total cost but it was going at $8. Such a bargain. And all in the name of charity :D
Here we have some of the Bionicles sold. The actual whole collection filled half the entire table.

The toys section was bustling with crowd activity and mainly children yes hahaha. Alot of them just came over to play with the toys especially the Bionicles. We had a total of like 3-4 tables? Yeah all stuffed full with toys, board games, funny little toys and toys. And at the corner I guess you can see the soft toys section.

Here I turn over and we have the bags section upfront.

Haha there were like 5 sections I think. Lifestyle, electronic, bags, toys and soft toys. Oh plus furniture too. And throughout the whole afternoon the people just kept coming. By 1pm about three quarters of the Bionicles were snatched already. I left at 1pm. And Kenneth smsed me after the sale to say that at the end of the garage sale at 6pm, we had only a table left of toys! Great work!
Here's kenneth! He looks scary lah.

And marcus, and once again I closed my eyes for another photo. Ultimate winner.

Well mom didn't let me go service again. Sigh. Anyway, I went for a run at Pasir Ris park in the evening and covered about 7km in 29:28. Haha felt real weak lah it's been real long since I last ran (or even TRAINED) and yeah today was one big blast back into running. I kinda agree with Mr Jai Singh about the fact that the more frequently you run, your body gets used to running and your legs will adapt to run. So yeah you'll have a body suited for running just like your body's suited for eating drinking and walking. Haha dig that!
Well the tiring run made me think. It's been three years since I joined the family of red dust and blind speed and it's really been a journey. Still remember the sec one days where we trained so hard, we'd fall asleep immediately the moment we reached home. Sec two was a first-time entrance into the nationals and it was really a horror of it all but we conquered it and we learnt. Sec three paved the way for medals in the school meet plus a good lesson to learn in the nationals. I wonder, what will my final year be like?
Everyone is leaving slowly. First the 2005 batch and now the 2006 batch is leaving too. Oh well and now us 2007 batch trackers will be leaving about a year from now. It's all moving too fast and now we realise we don't have that much time. We will COMMIT and we will FIGHT for the titles and yes oh boy hci will have a real hard time :D
400m. The round is mine.
|