tagboard +
jonlim;




friends&links;

aarongoh adrielchang alicia andrea anna annie anzhen april arathi arina audrey bentan biquan bryanchia catherine chaiping charlyn cheryllynn chrisanda chrisfang claire danialhakim danny daryl denise edison edwyna farhana gabrieltong geraldine geri guowei haozhi hiokhong hiutung huiwen isabella janan jane japheth jasmine jeremy jiacong jiahao jiahao jianxiong jongoh joycegoh karliang kartik katrina kevinquah kexin kieranrc leroy linan louis lydia marcus mariel marvin mathan matthias minzhe moneyfaces mrpaullim nabil nigel norman pamela portfolio qiwen renhao reuben robinson royce ruiling ruixin ryan sadikin samantha samy santriani serene shangxuan shanzhi shawnlee shawnneo shikai siyi surya tagboard tami tammy theodore timchow timothy tingzhang tom valerie vinna vivian walter wangting weihan weiling weisheng weiting wenjian willzhang xiangying xintian yanhan yewei yongjian yongkong yuda yuze zeslene
archives;

1. HAZE - The comic series part 1
2. HAZE - The comic series part 2
3. Script Check!
4. Prospects of Boxing!
5. Career Prospects!
6. Mirrors! Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter

Tuesday, August 1

On saturday the entire convention finished at midnight, well definitely a nice and happy ending but there's always the horrible withdrawal symptoms that await. Well now I'm smack right in the middle of it. Anyway on about yesterday, the last day of one degree asia. Sorry for the late post I was really tired and also up to my neck in work debt.

ONE DEGREE ASIA YOUTH LEADERS CONVENTION DAY FIVE

I overslept and gave the mrt train ride a miss. Turned up for breakfast a little late but was comfortably relaxed still. Well it was interesting how we were talking happily over our burgers hashbrowns tea and coffee when we were moaning about the ending of one degree asia the day before. Haha and on the final day itself yesterday we didn't even give a thought about it.

Reached SMU and the first thing I saw when I reached the second floor was the beautifully finished graffiti board which we were working on a few days back. Haha the photo of the old board should still be there somewhere in my earlier posts. The graffiti instructors eventually redid the whole board and now it's crazily superb. I tell you one day I shall master spray-painting and I'll cover RI walls (perhaps starting with Gryphons Lair) with my works woohoo!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After entering the conference hall I decided that for the first time I shall sit somewhere else and I sat with the guys we brought around Taka yesterday! PG, Rishad, Farhana, Kristin, Weiling, Kevin! Haha yay it was fun and we selected workshops our friends were giving. Anugraha's Inter-Religious Conflict Resolution and RISHAD'S Fighting Child Labour Exploitation! It was really fun. Well before the workshops we had to find someone we've never met before, pair up and do abit of discussion. I found Andrea from ACJC and we were like discussing a lot of stuff pertaining to prefectorial board / council and stuff and a lot of stuff we can relate lah and then Rishad and weiling were claiming that they called me alot of times but I didn't respond but hey no okay I really didn't hear anything!

We went for Anugraha's workshop and yeah can like observe so many things. But shan't go further in explanation. Hahaha rishad's workshop was madness! Kristin Weiling Kevin and I were like invited to do a little skit regarding child labour and kevin was THE LABOUR SLAVE HAHA so I got him to massage my hand and pour me 25degrees hot water and complained that it was only 24 degrees and told him to go get it again and someone from the audience yelled ONE DEGREE! Hahaha.

Yeah and after the workshop we were all looking at the funny condom lying on Paul's table. I think he and some other guys received complimentary condoms from the HIV awareness workshop or something haha. Well now, WHAT CAN ONE DO WITH A CONDOM?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

BLOW IT UP OF COURSE! Here we have one of our wacky one degree volunteers blowing up a condom and it was so big we just stared at it and started laughing. And the thing can float well you know. Like hover in the air slowly and eventually we started playing beachball with the condom balloon in the lecture theatre.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Haha but that's not the interesting point. Because our very own President Paul Tern decided that it seemed fun so he blew one up too. Beautifully splendid haha our most outstanding head prefect candidate too!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well after all those workshops we went back to the conference hall and did paired reflection again, and this time I did with Yong Tai from NUS Engineering. Haha the targeted age group is 15-25 and that means that all of us are like the youngest guys there. Everyone else is like OLD. And here was the interesting part. All delegates who had distinct ideas of how they can change society were given a chance to gather other delegates to form organizational committees to start their desired campaign or activity. So they all wrote their plans on paper and started to gather delegates onstage.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Haha I joined Xintian's group. To fight for more youth for the arts in Singapore. And so did a long line of people join as well including other designers! And that was cool because I got to know a few of them and I could possibly play my part in helping everyone out in designing!

Well after that nice session we had our dinner and before that a group of us STOLE this "This Way" sign and had real fun with it. Okay not steal lah, the guy was just nice enough to lose a sign for us.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After dinner we made it just in time for the closing ceremony! (Before that we took another 'this way' sign, this time with the arrow pointing upwards instead) And yeah I snapped this photo of the TOTALLY COMPLETED plastic board. It's really a beauty.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And we had so much fun! After the closing ceremony there was this spontaneous performance concert where any delegate who wishs to perform on stage would be given a chance to, so we ri guys and rgs decided to do three songs hahaha. Eventually we ended with the sec3 guys batch song! And it was nice. The emcee Alvin was an ri guy too and his batch also sang the same batch song so he sang with us but I guess he totally forgot all the lines already.

When I got back home at around 12.45am (yeah the whole thing ended at midnight) I gathered all my stuff I bought / received over the past 5 days and snapped a photo. Haha there's my festival pass, a nike portugal wrist cuff, a conrad hotel teddy bear, an SMU aeroplane stress toy (which Paul and guys used to throw around while we walked to our workshops), a face made out of coconut husk from Nepal, a golden bicycle keychain from Thailand, and a whole lot of name cards of delegates and speakers. Not to mention that there are still loads of stuff I didn't include.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hahah and yeah that's it for one degree asia. I'm missing it painfully. More photos will arrive soon I'm just trying to collect them from everyone else yay haha.