tagboard +
jonlim;




friends&links;

aarongoh adrielchang alicia andrea anna annie anzhen april arathi arina audrey bentan biquan bryanchia catherine chaiping charlyn cheryllynn chrisanda chrisfang claire danialhakim danny daryl denise edison edwyna farhana gabrieltong geraldine geri guowei haozhi hiokhong hiutung huiwen isabella janan jane japheth jasmine jeremy jiacong jiahao jiahao jianxiong jongoh joycegoh karliang kartik katrina kevinquah kexin kieranrc leroy linan louis lydia marcus mariel marvin mathan matthias minzhe moneyfaces mrpaullim nabil nigel norman pamela portfolio qiwen renhao reuben robinson royce ruiling ruixin ryan sadikin samantha samy santriani serene shangxuan shanzhi shawnlee shawnneo shikai siyi surya tagboard tami tammy theodore timchow timothy tingzhang tom valerie vinna vivian walter wangting weihan weiling weisheng weiting wenjian willzhang xiangying xintian yanhan yewei yongjian yongkong yuda yuze zeslene
archives;

1. HAZE - The comic series part 1
2. HAZE - The comic series part 2
3. Script Check!
4. Prospects of Boxing!
5. Career Prospects!
6. Mirrors! Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter

Saturday, July 29

Okay got back slightly earlier today and I have slightly more energy so yeah here's two days worth of posts! Enjoy! More photos by the others will be here after the final day so yeah yay more photos hahaha. ONE DEGREE ASIA!

ONE DEGREE ASIA YOUTH LEADERS CONVENTION DAY THREE

Day Three's plenary sessions were on social entrepreneurship! So it was really fun and interesting. The best talk was given by this guy, Dr Mechai Viravaidya haha and he started this whole safe sex campaign in Thailand. In the end the results turned out very very successful and yeah it was really inspiring. Haha more of the talk was continued in the gala dinner at night so I'll write more about it there. And after that was this talk about Corporate Social Responsibility and I really felt the topic in me haha it was truly interesting.

Day Three had no workshops! After all the sessions we went on a short field trip to different different places in Singapore. Well the trip was meant more for the foreign delegates so basically they foreign people went to more places while our trips were slack ones and by 4.30pm we were all let off to go prepare for our gala dinner. Haha so yeah in total we went to this temple in Serangoon, one of the oldest catholic churches in Singapore in Hougang (opposite Linan's house!) and this japanese cemetery yeah well, in Serangoon. And yeah all the photos started from this point.

The catholic church was nice. As in my church is a rather modern one so yeah this one really opened my eyes wide. It got the whole historic christianity movement thing going haha.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The entire chapel is shaped in a cross. How cool is that haha.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And when I was leaving I snapped the main towering tower in front of the church and it was really nice. I left the church rather peacefully haha.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I didn't take any photos for the temple haha it was simply too scorching hot and all I could think about was to get into the shade and rest. Haha after the church we made for the japanese cemetery. The graves are interesting. The graves are usually squarish and on the front is carved the name of the buried guy. Behind, the name of the guy who buried this guy is carved. And on the sides are the details like date of birth and death, birthplace and deathplace etc. I snapped this one cos it was quite outstanding.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then after that we left the place and we all went to Kevin's house to prepare for the gala dinner. Showered and had fun helping Paul to wax his hair HAHA (he used a crazy amount of wax, his hair could've been the wax's off-white colour) and yeah put on my funny striking tie DEEP RED HAHA and made for Conrad hotel!

On the way there (we were in Kevin's dad's car) I snapped tom in his hot purple shirt and patterned pants haha really nice. I'd say with his shirt and my tie = BOMB MAN HAHA.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We reached soon enough! Then it was really grand and yeah we had the talk by Dr Mechai again and it was a really great talk haha. He injected alot of humour and wit into this talk which was already considered quite outrageous, about this plans to inculcate safe sex into Thais' way of life and to promote condom usage. Haha he really succeeded greatly and like 7 million people are saved because of his efforts. Haha inspiring man. Even though it was rather a taboo subject to dwell into but he persevered and fought for the campaign.

Haha and I snapped this photo but it's rather blur. One the left there's Grace! In the middle is Kevin and there's PG from Nepal on the right! Haha it was really a nice and grand evening. Made a lot of new friends! Haha photos will be here after the convention ends.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

ONE DEGREE ASIA YOUTH LEADERS CONVENTION DAY FOUR

Haha early in the morning we started joking at breakfast and we played with this paper crown that Burger King gave us. Will was wearing it about all morning.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then tom wore it and we were talking about how Tom would look like when he starts to undergo balding when he gets old. He wore the crown and we all got a huge and clear vision of what he would look like.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then soon after we made it to smu. Haha the mindmap on the plastic board is near completed! So nice pls haha maybe tomorrow I shall make some last few additions to it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Haha today's plenary sessions were on leadership reflections but they were rather boring I guess. Haha my first workshop was Theatre in Education and my friend Anish was heading this workshop. Haha it was super meaningful. Through theatre stage exercises we learnt more about ourselves and we defined our personalities. Haha and it was fun acting. Will post photos when I get them! Haha Grace was being bimbotic in almost all her roles HAHA and xintian was very good in acting. I was having fun with the childbirth role thing HAHAHA.

After lunch I went for this humanitarian action workshop and yeah it was okay. I was getting sleepy but managed to take away a few lessons. Haha and after that was facilitation! One main way of facilitation is forum stageplay and yeah Paul and Jerome had to act out scenes! PHOTOS GALORE!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well after dinner we went to Orchard and Kevin, Weiling, Kristin and I were giving foreign delegates tours in Taka! Haha we really had loads of fun and hahaha they were all brilliantly spontaneous and fun people! Oh wells and I left slightly early.

Tomorrow is the very last day. I can't bear to leave One Degree Asia.