|
Haha today was a day full of tests work essays and the like. Nothing much.
Was wondering about yesterday and how I felt during the 4.8km run. Well following the cross country guys was simply a bad mistake haha cos I totally fell behind after a while. But to think of it I think the fast starting speed gave us all a big headstart. Perhaps if I can just get my stamina to cover the rest of the distance it'll be alright. Gotta start training!
Well and halfway through I was like overwhelmed with stupid thoughts. Like considering what if I couldn't finish the run. What if I fall and roll down the slope and break my neck or something. What if I ran out of air and fainted on the spot there. What if I get overtaken so many times I eventually fall out of the top 25. Haha and halfway I almost sprained my ankle while making a bend round the path so that really broke my spirits. And I had half a mind to just stop at the red cross guys and whine for water and help. But I didn't :D
It's the mental strength which counts too I guess. I knew I lost out on the mental war while we were running down the concrete path back to the carpark cos I simply let people overtake me without a fight. I'm going to build that and survive through the whole distance the next time I run! Well I finished and crossed the line, gasping for air and desperate for rest but I guess it was worth it.
Yup and I'll master the distance for the sake of my 400m. Yay haha.
Tomorrow's the last day of the week! HCI vs RI soccer match! GO RAFFLES!
|