|
I tell you, yesterday was one really weird hell of a day haha.
It wasn't really eventful until after school when I went for my bio prac makeup. Hmm now I realise it's like very very enticing to boil the test-tubes containing the yeast solution haha! The test-tubes are just there and without thinking I'd just pick them and boil them. Okay shan't say any further.
Then after a while of rushing to complete my chinese overdue homework (from one degree) I went for the RI vs HCI soccer match! Well it was nice. And I say, with all the renovations going on here in school, HCI's campus owns us upside down. Okay maybe like always. Their land space is jawdropping.
The stadium steps were huge and Yuda here was waving the flag. What a fun flag.

And the thing is their track is so nice and well upkept! The field's grass is so even. And the whole track area is really really huge. And what does RI have? NO TRACK. I mean, we let our track rot for 15 years on end and then finally scrap it and cite reasons being we can use the RJC track for training. Well excuse me, training there would be okay and I have no objections and I"m totally fine with it but when you want to self-train or just want to do a little run on the track it's almost impossible. RJC's using the track all the time and we aren't really welcome. Like ok whatever scrap the track scrap the track.
And when they were about to start it was an intense moment. We had already done some cheers and now's the moment which in a few moments later they would be kicking off.

And at that very special moment, THE CROSS COUNTRY GUYS CALLED and said that they don't have enough runners for the Ngee Ann Polytechnic Road Relay and they need me to run for them. And I was like staring at the soccer match and looking at the time and actually realised HCI wasn't too far from NAP and so. There went the huge amazing race there. Thanks Mr Teo for lending me money to take cab. Haha and eventually I reached the polytechnic track before they all did.
Eh it was really a shocking last-minute thing and I was freaking out and feeling unprepared to run. Well I was lucky because I had PE earlier in the day so I had my PE attire and I had my running shoes. If not I couldn't do so at all. Haha running in prefects shirt long pants and leather office shoes yay haha. And yeah I was stoning, freaking out, freaking out.
Haha dig this. One moment I was facing a huge stadium track in brilliant red and the next moment I'm facing a compressed little sports complex with a track in beautiful blue! Hahaha.


And so we all got ready and I got myself informed about the road relay. Basically the whole race is a relay of 7 runners, and each runner would run about 1.2km on average. Each runner would run a little distance on the blue track, then leave it and circle one round around the polytechnic campus, then come back again and run a little round the track again. Haha and guess what I was the last runner for my team. Cho Han didn't want to run the last bit. So yeah my team was um, Norman Shikai YeongYang Wilbert Timo ChoHan Me. Yeah haha.
And guess what. Wth we came in first and we earned a freaking gold medal. LIKE WTH GOLD MEDAL AN INTERSCHOOL GOLD MEDAL! Like omg if I didn't have PE on that day I wouldn't have run! Like omg if I wasn't at HCI before that I wouldn't have run! If I didn't want to go run I wouldn't have run! And all along my sprinting life I've never gotten an interschool medal and here I am earning a gold medal in my first rather crosscountry-ish race. Haha SPRINTS! 400m will own!
And here we are, champions of the day. All 3 teams came in top five, first third and fifth.

GOLD MEDAL HAHA A GOLD MEDALL.

Haha well I guess by the time they handed the baton to me, the lead was so great so even if I screwed up (which maybe I might have done so) I'd win gold already. Haha thanks so much guys. Shikai gave us that horribly ownage lead and the rest all pulled the gap wide open. Haha and there I was making up for the shortage of runners and feeling good haha :D We earned ourselves a gold medal and a Team Singapore goodie bag! Containing team singapore posters postitnotes notebooks and whatever stuff. Haha and oh everyone also got this free NAP shoebag containing notebooks deepheat water biscuits and stuff. It was really fun.
Then after the run I had to rush back to HCI immediately because there was this councillor-prefects dinner and I was supposed to turn up for it so yeah I quickly made my way back. The taxi fare was a killer. Haha and when I left for NAP I was carrying a sling bag and a shoebag. Now I return to HCI with a much heavier sling bag, TWO shoebags, a team singapore paper bag. Haha yeah was lugging those stuff all about. And yeah the dinner was great. Talked to Yuan Chang the council president and I remembered I ran the 400m next to him during the junior meet. Haha so pro pls.
And after the dinner I took a little run / walk around the HCI track! It's really nice and at night the wind just blows so strongly. And here's the hci 'clocktower' which is like beautifully lit up and nice.

After a while I left home already. Yup. Hell of a day, really haha! GOLD.
|