tagboard +
jonlim;




friends&links;

aarongoh adrielchang alicia andrea anna annie anzhen april arathi arina audrey bentan biquan bryanchia catherine chaiping charlyn cheryllynn chrisanda chrisfang claire danialhakim danny daryl denise edison edwyna farhana gabrieltong geraldine geri guowei haozhi hiokhong hiutung huiwen isabella janan jane japheth jasmine jeremy jiacong jiahao jiahao jianxiong jongoh joycegoh karliang kartik katrina kevinquah kexin kieranrc leroy linan louis lydia marcus mariel marvin mathan matthias minzhe moneyfaces mrpaullim nabil nigel norman pamela portfolio qiwen renhao reuben robinson royce ruiling ruixin ryan sadikin samantha samy santriani serene shangxuan shanzhi shawnlee shawnneo shikai siyi surya tagboard tami tammy theodore timchow timothy tingzhang tom valerie vinna vivian walter wangting weihan weiling weisheng weiting wenjian willzhang xiangying xintian yanhan yewei yongjian yongkong yuda yuze zeslene
archives;

1. HAZE - The comic series part 1
2. HAZE - The comic series part 2
3. Script Check!
4. Prospects of Boxing!
5. Career Prospects!
6. Mirrors! Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter

Friday, November 17

I'm back! Blogger was down yesterday, much to my disappointment but finally I can get everything off my chest. Haha it was 3 days' worth of pure fun and laughter.

RIPB RETREAT 2006 DAY ONE

Well we assembled crazily early at 6.30am and soon we were hopping away past the customs and into Malaysia. Then the people at the back started playing the yes-no game and we had a great deal of fun! The whole 3+ hour trip was spent munching away, sleeping, playing, getting hooked on music, and basically just wasting life away to the best of our abilities, and yes this is quite the life man!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then along the way I took a few snaps at some cars on the road and the best one I caught was this rather hip blue car hahaha. Malaysia's cars are getting better and better. Five years ago they were mostly Kancils, Protons and Malaysian-brand cars and now they've opened up to the world.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then around early afternoon we finally made it to the hotel and had our lunch and soon we were in our booked seminar room and kickstarting all our games and activities! Well there were games like mass scissors-paper-stone-ing around...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

which eventually a few prefects made it into the final few rounds and they had to keep a still face without laughing, subjected to external pressure by the other prefects to make them laugh.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And yes Jerome was quite a winner hahaha he kept this face as I flashed the camera light on him and having him exposed to maniacal laughter from all around him.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Another game was an icebreaker where we separated the board into new prefects and old prefects and we had a big blanket blocking the two groups from each other. One prefect from each group would go up to the blanket and the blanket would be dropped. The prefect who cites the name of the other prefect first would win a point for their group! And so we proceeded to do it with one of the trusty pink hotel blankets.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And yes it generated quite a bit of horrible laughter and fun. Pure fun!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then another game was when prefects had to tie balloons to their ankles and walk all over the place to step on others' balloons but yet protect their own. Haha so everyone was busy tying them tightly, and stuff and there was a mass stampede of hopping crazy prefects stepping all over the place. Wildness.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Haha and before all of that, yansheng and jerome decided to do a little demo with balloons under their shirts, which caused them quite a bit of pain when they eventually popped I guess!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hahaha. After that was water games in the big swimming pool. I didn't bring my phone down so I couldn't snap anything. But the big thing was before that I thought I lost my hotel key and my group was basically freaking out all over the place before we realized it was with Mr Teo. Hahaha.

Then came DINNER, in a very very nice restaurant in the hotel.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tom got quite high so I got this nice pose from him!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Haha yay lol. After dinner we all had a scavenger hunt where there was a requirement for 2 handphones. Since only the exco could keep their phones with them and each group only had one exco member, Paul and I were eventually begged / threatened / seduced / coaxed into giving our phones to them haha! Yes eventually I gave the phone to Biquan's group after considerably doing much damage to his face in the spirit of ART.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Another required item in the list was an EZlink card which the photo doesn't look like the owner. Jerome won, but he stuck some woman's face across his photo so eventually we decided that he had better look more like the woman before concluding the scavenger hunt. And so, we got down to business!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And there the final product was, touched up with a pinch of powder and rosy cheeks HAHAHA.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Soon after we were pretty done for the day. Spent really really long in the hotel room talking rubbish with Linan and Yanliang and we slept quite late.

RIPB RETREAT 2006 DAY TWO

Okay sadly not many photos for the rest of the retreat anymore but yes we woke up 15 mins before the required meeting time so it was kinda screwed. Eventually we made it punctually and after a bit of games I borrowed Zongyi's wonderful Adizeroes to run with Mr Yap and we covered about 6km circling the hotel grounds twice. I tell you, the hotel grounds are huge.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Haha we had loads and loads of activities. I couldn't possibly remember much without taking much photos but halfway through we had this activity where we had to devise methods to measure Mr Teo's height using a ping-pong ball. So we had lots and lots of quirky ideas.

With a caricature of Mr Teo,

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

a body caricature of Mr Teo,

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tom's wonderful ideas and Lionel's wonderfully emotive actions and expressions,

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was definitely some crazy fun we had. Well I was horribly down with flu so yeah
I slept earlier than the previous night but it was still a lot of fun haha.

Wait. How could I have forgotten! Well we had an activity where each group had to do up a skit on HOW TO GET PAUL TERN A GIRLFRIEND. I think that was some climax of the retreat, we took away really alot alot of laughs. Poor Paul didn't like it!

RIPB RETREAT 2006 DAY THREE

Woke up 5 mins before the required meeting time! But still made it in time. And ran 6km with Mr Yap again, this time a little slower because of the horrible flu but after I ran everything simply cleared and I RECOVERED. That's training the flu away for you! Hahah.

I realized I didn't take a single photo today but yeah the best thing was the shopping bit where we stopped by Malacca to shop and I got myself a haircut! Plus the best thing is that it's possibly the same price for a haircut in Singapore but here in Malaysia I got myself a wash and style too. Haha nothing like a good cut to pamper myself instead of returning to Singapore and getting those shave-along-the-bowl haircuts along the streets. Hahah yay.

The rest of the retreat was spent in the bus crapping away, sleeping, listening to music before my ipod went flat and yes crapping crapping. That sums up the board retreat just as much I guess!

Haha and along the way I was thinking about so many things.

The eyes are strong on you,
waiting for you, seeing what you can do.
The world's coming to pieces,
it's up to you to hop on these bits
and hop back to the surface.
There's a time for everything,
but sometimes that time doesn't come.
As much as you try to make it arrive
it flops and drops no matter
how much or how hard you strive.
What matters probably
is to keep alive,
believing in what's interesting and what's best.


Haha before I return again tomorrow, here was a little poem done by Nabil and gang:

Roses are red,
violets are blue.
Most poems rhyme,
but this doesn't.