|
Been returning home so late over the past few days I hardly have time to post much. Haha well on saturday I was at ITE East the whole day for the HarmonyWorks conference. It was overall quite fun, being a one-day conference and everything, and I liked the convention package. But one of the best selling points of the conference was the campus itself. All along I only took glances at the beautiful campus from the mrt train and now I'm in the school itself so I took a nice walk around during lunch. It's fantastic!
Imagine if we had classrooms like these!

Block-connecting bridges on every floor and not just the second floor like ours haha.

The arts block is simply the best (glass-blue block in the photo)

And of course, the track. As I watched down at the track from the train frequently the main nice things I noticed about the track were the nice throwing zone, the seats and the fresh new lane markings on the track and now I'm looking at the real thing without having to look through a window in a train carriage.

Haha apart from that, the auditorium we were in was painted a bright orange so it was rather chirpy no matter how cold the place got.

And we had many activities. Well we had a forum theatre session after lunch and it was quite nice to experience it again for the second time since One Degree Asia. Haha it was quite fun!

Then afterwards we had the serious part of the conference (though it was a nice casual discussion but I found it to be the most meaningful part of the whole thing) and we all just rambled away about common spaces and why differences mean so much to Singapore.

Well I guess it really matters haha. Differences among us Singaporeans are essential because without them, we aren't pretty much special and unique Singaporeans. We are divided by vast cultures, different social and personal backgrounds, fed different things, learn different things, and it's beautiful when people from everywhere and come together and talk it out about anything. It makes us versatile, able to understand, accept and appreciate (I hate the word 'tolerate'). It erases our boundaries, so when we see someone or something different from what we expect to see everyday, we won't resort to ostracizing or suffering from culture shock. Instead it broadens ourselves and makes us more welcoming of everyone around us. It does matter haha.
Well it was a fun day. Ended at about 5 plus and I reached home by 6 plus after a nice walk home. Haha it's fun to picture this: I signed up for this conference mainly because it's in ITE East and I can just WALK home after that because it's so near and I end up taking away quite a lot of things. Haha what can I say, sometimes it's good to listen, feel and to explore possibilities, to feel the release in discussion and questioning rather than the release in leisure and recreation.
Afterwards Dad brought us all the way to the yacht club again and I was dining by the seaside once again. Haha then eventually when it got quite late (about 9-10 plus) I started walking down the jetty and pacing up and down feeling the (very) freezing sea breeze. Well then I wondered what kind of interaction between people that I want. Then I realized quite a bit.
I want truth. Truth in every action, expression, word or exclamation. I've had enough of the sarcasm, too much to need more. I need truth in what is conveyed. I don't need truth in what is felt. Boundaries are there, but don't expand them. Boundaries are there, they need not be shrunk.
Haha oh well. DELF seems to be prickingly irritating. I just reminded myself it's on the 7th of December. O Mon Dieu!
|