tagboard +
jonlim;




friends&links;

aarongoh adrielchang alicia andrea anna annie anzhen april arathi arina audrey bentan biquan bryanchia catherine chaiping charlyn cheryllynn chrisanda chrisfang claire danialhakim danny daryl denise edison edwyna farhana gabrieltong geraldine geri guowei haozhi hiokhong hiutung huiwen isabella janan jane japheth jasmine jeremy jiacong jiahao jiahao jianxiong jongoh joycegoh karliang kartik katrina kevinquah kexin kieranrc leroy linan louis lydia marcus mariel marvin mathan matthias minzhe moneyfaces mrpaullim nabil nigel norman pamela portfolio qiwen renhao reuben robinson royce ruiling ruixin ryan sadikin samantha samy santriani serene shangxuan shanzhi shawnlee shawnneo shikai siyi surya tagboard tami tammy theodore timchow timothy tingzhang tom valerie vinna vivian walter wangting weihan weiling weisheng weiting wenjian willzhang xiangying xintian yanhan yewei yongjian yongkong yuda yuze zeslene
archives;

1. HAZE - The comic series part 1
2. HAZE - The comic series part 2
3. Script Check!
4. Prospects of Boxing!
5. Career Prospects!
6. Mirrors! Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter

Friday, November 10

PLC ended yesterday, but I was horribly far too tired to post anything. Well what I know happened was that I arrived crashing into the doorstep when I reached home in a fatigue-laden stupor and couldn't be bothered to think about anything. I was dozing while having dinner and yes, slept at around 8pm and waking up at 7am the next day for training! Haha. Okay three days worth of posts coming right up.

PUPIL LEADERS' CAMP DAY ONE

It was a rather nice start to the camp well I was expected lots and lots of mental torture and PT and stuff to grind us into disciplined people but it was a relaxed start, taking attendance and expectedly confiscating our valuables over the period of the camp. Haha was quite a fun start actually.

It was a little more fun when we had to move to the AVT and had talks and stuff for the entire morning. Lots of them were really inspiring. And I loved Mr Eng's talks about the past events of RI where the Rafflesian Spirit was really shown at times. Now we look at those events and wonder when will we ever reach that defining moment again. Somehow we will achieve that, this coming new year is for us to take.

We had lots to do and lots to listen, about taking our camp bags, packing our stuff, preparing for our trek and kayaking expeditions and stuff, which I couldn't really remember. Haha oh yeah forgot to mention the groupings. Haha all the CCALs and ACCALs were split into 12 groups and each was named after a Greek god. My group was Poseidon! Haha and the group comprised of Tom, Hiok, Leonard, Louis, Bing Long, JonNeo, Bi Ran, Danny and me! Haha we really had a lot of fun I guess.

One of the first few things we did was to design our flag! Haha nowadays I don't know but everytime we get to design something I just feel happy lol. Well we were Poseidon, and when we had to give our supposed 'ship' for our expedition a name, we immediately came to the idea of Poseidon itself haha but eventually we named our ship TOM CRUISE. Tom wrote the name down happily himself yay.

And here's our flag!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Haha soon after our lunch we packed up and we hopped onto the bus to our starting point for our trek. Well we were blindfolded on the bus lol and we got whished away to somewhere in Pasir Ris, near some farmland thingies. After some games and stuff we got the map and compass cracking and we sped off.

Sped off in the wrong direction, unfortunately. After we walked about almost a kilometre we realized we walked in the wrong direction and had to walk back but now Paul's group had already overtaken us by lots and lots. Haha we tried to catch up but to no avail. And halfway through we left Leonard lagging behind so the Group Instructors made us pay for the mistake by having Hiok blindfolded. Haha and I had to guide him all the way.

Later on we exchanged blindfolding and I was blindfolded at some point haha. We eventually went from this Pasir Ris farmway to Pasir Ris park and got stranded there playing games and eating stuff. OH YES I FORGOT ABOUT THE FOOD. We are one quirky group! We sent Danny and JonNeo to go buy the food and they returned not only with 6 loaves of bread, but more excitingly, 26 packets of hello panda, and lots of other stuff like Chips Ahoy, Ritz Biscuits, Zooland, Famous Amos and whatever there is. Haha and all the way we kept focussing on 26 hello panda to eat. Hahaha.

The bad point was that by the time we reached Pasir Ris park (which was our first checkpoint) it was already getting dark and we still had two other checkpoints to reach. This time JonNeo had to navigate and he led us all deep into Pasir Ris park, which I knew quite well but however my knowledge was proved useless and we walked all the way into Aloha Loyang, out of the park again and onto Pasir Ris main road, after which we continued onto the transition between Changi, Pasir Ris and Tampines and continued on the Changi Beach Club, which was way deep into Changi. It was a horrible horrible late time by then and we were lagging by lots.

Haha then at Changi Beach Club we decided to sneak into the toilet because we had to refill our bottles and we had to sneak in via the back door of the sports facility because the guard wouldn't let us in. Haha I tell you the toilet is air conditioned and so peaceful, given our conditions, I'd be more than willing to sleep overnight in the toilet but sadly we couldn't. Haha.

Okay after the second checkpoint we got sick and tired of the trek already so in the end Bing Long decided to take a shortcut through some ulu road to the third checkpoint which would save us a great deal of time. AND YES IT WORKED! Haha we came in second last, which wasn't so bad and finally we pitched our tents and slept after a while. We rushed our tent-pitching so our tents were somehow deformed and twisted. My tent was a little silly cos halfway through the night the strong wind from Changi Point blew our flysheet away and it started raining after that. So I was feeling raindrops on my face before I woke up and Louis stepped outside to put the flysheet back on. Haha.

PUPIL LEADERS' CAMP DAY TWO

Oh yes we woke up, unpitched tents, endured a crazy morning PT session haha and soon after we had to start kayaking! We kayaked from Changi Beach and Loyang Beach which was about 4 click. 4km I suppose. Haha and by the time we reached Loyang Beach it was already dead-sun afternoon and we had to eat our miserable lunch comprising of chips ahoy and bananas and run around playing three games, the first one being that we had to use our t-shirts to blindfold ourselves. I don't know how many citizens of the public had to endure topless RI guys all running around here and there over the field. Complete eyesore hahahaha.

Okay after all of that we had to kayak another 4km back to Changi Beach, and halfway through it actually started raining and the current was crazily against us so JonNeo and I had to kayak like mad pigs across the currents which rocked our kayak like crazy and swept seawater into our kayaks alot. Haha so much for the ziploc bag that contained our lunch and first aid kit. It was supposed to keep the stuff totally dry but what we got in the end was a waterlogged ziploc and the stuff were FAIRLY dry thanks to the extra plastic bags yay haha.

We saw weird stuff. Like small fish on our seats and loads of seaweed on our shoes and stuff. Haha it's quite sad that my phone was confiscated, otherwise I'd have so much to post through photos and stuff. Well eventually we did kayak back successfully (of course, God save us if we didn't) and yeah danny dug out all of the hello pandas and we finished them in the sea sports club shortly after. Haha. Luckily for us we didn't have to trek back to RI and we hopped onto this luxurious bus back to school.

Hahah we got back to school, washed tents, ate some great great dinner, packed up alot of stuff, and slept in the junior block! Haha we chose to sleep right in the centre of the junior block atrium and it was really a fun thing. We all slept like pigs thanks to the kayaking!

PUPIL LEADERS' CAMP DAY THREE

Woke up, had another torturous PT, had breakfast and then came the session by Paul and I. I was pretty disappointed la at some point. For the CCALs and ACCALs some displayed strong spirit while alot of others weren't even paying attention, and weren't even committed. I do agree I was sleepy at some point but yeah looking at the how come CCALs were behaving during the session it was quite sad. But yeah it can be improved. Definitely.

Haha after that was the performances by groups and stuff, another inspirational talk by Mr Mag and soon later we packed up, rounded up, and went home after getting our valuables back and that was when I started taking shots all over the place even though I couldn't take much already by then.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Walter! Haha thanks for all the support this year and all the years way back. So understanding too.

And then at some point TingZhang forced Ben Khoo to face the camera and they were struggling all the way through.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And this is what you get when you take a shot of the junior block while lying down in the ground floor!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Haha and that was it. There was training today too and stuff but shan't go so deep down about it. Oh yeah today I tried Kieran's Maxcats cos I was thinking about getting a pair for next year but turns out I might not get it. Haha too different from my Celars. Maybe I shall just stick with these clown white shoes for next year yay haha.

And there was sec4 prefects' farewell! Haha shall blog about it tomorrow.