|
Today's training was good. 3x300m 52, 49, 48! Haha run more run more.
Well between training and the first meeting for the day was about 3 hours worth of time, from 11am to 2pm, and at first I thought I could easily spend 3 hours in j8 walking around. Turns out after half an hour I was already itching to leave the place. Then popped up an idea in my mind, to get my drawing pens at Bugis so yeah I went off all the way on the train to Bugis and by the time I got the pens, only a grand total of another 30 minutes slipped by. Figures. Another 2 hours to go sheesh.
Then I realized going back to Bishan wouldn't be a really nice thing to do, after all that would take 20 minutes and I'd have to stone at j8 for another 1 hour 40 mins. So I got pretty random! Instead of dropping off at city hall I just went on and alighted at Raffles Place. Hence a very nice walking journey unfolded, with many photos taken along the way.
So at Raffles Place, I took some exit I once knew very well to the river. And it's always a pleasant sight, with the Fullerton at the side and so many boats there all the time.

Then I started walking in the direction of the Fullerton and walked down the bridge to the Asian Civilizations Museum, then taking some lonely road which seemed to go nowhere, and along the way the Fullerton just beamed tall. Haha it was drizzling alot but I didn't care much just walked peacefully and happily along.

Eventually that very lonely road took me to a rather fun-looking underpass.

Which I happened to walk through before, and yes I can say the tunnel is one quirky thing!

After I walked through it I ended up at the esplanade park. Now this part of the whole city hall / raffles place area was rather new to me, never really walked through it before. And it's so nice! There wasn't a single soul except for a few tourists and the whole thing overlooks the esplanade with a bridge in front.

I walked along the whole long stretch and took another shot at the sky. It was still drizzling rather steadily haha.

After which I walked on and found that the park was connected to the esplanade grounds, and I walked up some flight of stairs and ended up by the roadside near the entrance of the esplanade. And they have these fun blue cardboard tree things all lined up at the front for christmas!

As I walked in I snapped another shot. Now the esplande was cold. Well with the rain all pouring and me half-drenched it was indeed cold. I was in my training attire for crying out loud the fbts don't even reach the knees. Freezing.

Then as I proceeded into the mall I saw these white balls all over the floor with markings on them and stuff haha it's for the new year and people could write their well-wishes on them for the countdown!

Since I was drifting around aimlessly to kill 2 hours' worth of time it didn't hurt to write something :D

The esplanade is always brimming full of inspiration and emotive appealing design. Here all across the floor they draped their countdown posters and stuff and I think it's some really fun thing. I really want to pursue design in some way when I grow up.

Ah yes then finally, passing by the esplanade wouldn't be complete without visiting the rooftop. I passed by the same old curve again. Life's measure in a curve. In fact the rooftop's lined with all these curves. Memorable.

The roof's always so tranquil unless there's a whole crowd. The view is really beautiful. With the wind and everything plus the drizzle and rain!

Yeah by then the rain was getting heavier I knew I had to run back in again.

So I walked out of the esplanade, took some underpass and found myself at citylink mall. And before I returned to actual civilization with the noise, the crowd and the people I happened to chance the glass panels at the corridor from the main citylink to the esplanade route. This time it's all showered with graffiti art and it's a really splendid.

Stared real long at them closely before I left off for City Hall station. There, an hour and a half had passed and I happily made my way back to Bishan just in time for meetings. Haha really it was such a fulfilling time, a simple walk between two train stations with a bit of rain and loads of silence.
|