|
It was a very unsettling start to today.
Well we were presented with invitations to attend this HOBY world leadership conference in USA from 19-27 July and word has it that only 10 ambassadors from Singapore will be allowed and RI would probably send about 2-4 perhaps. Then I was in a huge dilemma and spent the entire philosophy lesson (which was mainly philo dialogues for some people and the rest stoned) making a decision.
Well it's so great; this chance only comes in a lifetime probably and I'll never have a chance to go ever again. It would be my very first time going to the states, on a nice 2-week adventure. I could just go and come back inspired and so renewed and so full of life again.
Then I realized I have track finals on the 18th. Probably running 4x400m. And the fact remains that we'd probably leave school 2-3 days earlier for USA to ease off the jet lag. So that would mean that if I were to go for the conference then I'd be missing my one and only possible chance to run in national finals, missing probably my very last track race of my life, missing the very last national track finals of my life, missing the very last post-nats dinner of my life.
It was really a horrible time making a decision whether to go to America for the conference and give the track finals up or to remain behind while others fly off to many opportunities for inspiration, leadership and so much more. I just horribly stoned there wondering how on earth I could actually come to a decision; well either way I'd be feeling deep sorrow for the other option which I wouldn't have taken. Lol joel low and diwei were also trying to help me out to make a decision but nothing seemed to work.
Then I just buried my head into my arms and thought deep for a while and after quite a long while just before the lesson ended I finally decided and also decided to stay strong with my decision. No I'm not looking back.
It's wonderful sometimes, how these things manage to sway me and hold me back while I've got so much to leave for.
I'm staying with Raffles Track. It's now or never, and I'm running this last race.
|