tagboard +
jonlim;




friends&links;

aarongoh adrielchang alicia andrea anna annie anzhen april arathi arina audrey bentan biquan bryanchia catherine chaiping charlyn cheryllynn chrisanda chrisfang claire danialhakim danny daryl denise edison edwyna farhana gabrieltong geraldine geri guowei haozhi hiokhong hiutung huiwen isabella janan jane japheth jasmine jeremy jiacong jiahao jiahao jianxiong jongoh joycegoh karliang kartik katrina kevinquah kexin kieranrc leroy linan louis lydia marcus mariel marvin mathan matthias minzhe moneyfaces mrpaullim nabil nigel norman pamela portfolio qiwen renhao reuben robinson royce ruiling ruixin ryan sadikin samantha samy santriani serene shangxuan shanzhi shawnlee shawnneo shikai siyi surya tagboard tami tammy theodore timchow timothy tingzhang tom valerie vinna vivian walter wangting weihan weiling weisheng weiting wenjian willzhang xiangying xintian yanhan yewei yongjian yongkong yuda yuze zeslene
archives;

1. HAZE - The comic series part 1
2. HAZE - The comic series part 2
3. Script Check!
4. Prospects of Boxing!
5. Career Prospects!
6. Mirrors! Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter

Monday, May 28

Finally I'm freed from all the studywork this week! There's going to be really a lot of things to do as usual over June but for now I have about a day's worth of rest aside from a few stuff to complete. And yes I shall finally blog a long post.

Well I've been having a stem cell and tissue engineering module over the past few weeks since the start of the term and it's been quite fun. At first I thought we were just into another boring module for the fact that the first few sessions were plain common sense (just examining the stem cell controversies and the like) but then they suddenly started to get real deep and now I'm fumbling here and there with all the terminologies. But this is cool anyway now we're at the frontiers of research past all textbooks and we're learning something which can't be found elsewhere. Plus the lab sessions at republic polytechnic are cool. And yes the biohazard signs do have relevance I realize!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

One weekend ago we had our open house and the week before that I had to go for this photo shoot at the library for our school corporate brochure / booklet thing and yeah haha for the first time ever (in RI history?) the photographer defied all conventional standards of the library and climbed the shelf. If any of us were to do that ourselves we'd be in serious serious trouble haha. But it was fun we had to do a half-squat while facing the camera with rather strained smiles haha!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On that very same day we had to rush for ripb's launch of three mega events that following friday and I did a total of two banners leaving my hands stained in gold paint and lots of chalk haha but it was really fun doing banners again. Haven't done them since a year ago while I was helping mchia and chay for their campaign banner.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After doing the banners we folded paper planes to throw around on friday during recess as a publicity movement thing and yeah we folded around 400-500 planes. In the process we all got corny and joking away and zongyi was pretending to be all depressed haha go figure!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Eventually these planes were thrown during recess the next day and hoho it was a huge success with people scrambling for planes to throw and everyone throwing them around! Plus with the song dedications going on i think it really rocked except for the fact that a food fight kinda almost started cos faris started throwing around forks spoons and chicken drumsticks hahaha

The paper plane throwing scene's here. Ruiyong and Tingzhang were having a ball of a time!



Oh well that was friday. The next day was ORA and yeah it was really tiring! Henry came by to visit and he showed us his chao high ACSI socks and how he cut them up to form a wristband haha!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

ORA was cool with all the stores but I was left pretty much broke and unable to eat anything after that. Took THE photo of the century with hiok and paul which is somewhere in my earlier posts haha. I couldn't find anything to wear for the photo and the gorilla mask was just too enticing so yeah yay I shall just put it here.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

ORA passed and the week got tougher somehow. All the CCTs had ended but there was a horrid wave of assignments and things to complete so week 9 was just another killer. But it was fun, lots of things happened and it was really eventful!

1) I got myself a new bag yay finally after many months since my former bag strap broke and I had to live with it by tying a dead knot which keeps getting undone and I have to constantly pull it tight again and again. I'm quite happy that I convinced mom that I should get this bag rather than a primary school-ish back structure bag which wouldn't be too good so now I have a happy life carrying this around!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2) On wednesday ripb exco went for rjc council investiture and it was pretty impressive. Plus we saw our seniors getting invested. Congrats junyang elton and all other councillors! It really made me realize that I'm way too close to leaving ri already which is so bad but I guess we have to just give our best within these last 6 months.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Paul and I had to leave halfway to visit the guest-of-honour for our Founders Day, Mr Tan Yong Soon and it was a really nice visit, having a nice chat and eventually realizing that Mr Tan was my uncle's sec1 classmate and they used to sit together in sec1. Mr Tan recently wrote a book and yeah he wrote about my uncle in one of the stories. Plus he gave us all a free copy each complete with an autograph!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Seems like all of them really keep in contact after so long. Imagine if I see ruiyong one day 30 years down the road and he's a seasoned marathon runner while I'm somewhere in some field elsewhere and we'd stare and laugh and how we used to stain all our worksheets with the funny invisible ink pen I bought at ORA or something.

3) Open house was a great success with a lot more visitors than the expected 2000 and it was really dynamic this time as compared to our past years' open houses. Sadly I had a long night trying to finish up BCG presentation stuff so I came to school all sick and weary. We screwed up BCG presentation in the morning and after that I was too tired to tour anyone for open house and just wasted my life in the holding room. Really regret pushing myself, sleeping less than 15-16 hours over the past week of 5 days and then falling to pieces during open house.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

But things will get better. There's so much to commit to, so much to plan for, so much to train for, and I'll do it all, there's only 6 months left. And the best 4 years of my life are soon going to pass.

Just yesterday we had our Founders Day and we saw all our seniors coming back to get prizes and indeed it was our very last time witnessing Founders Day as RI boys. Haha here's junyang and a funny auyong! All the best to you guys.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yeah that's just about it after so long. Now that the holidays are here I can finally find more space to catch up in everything, plus train and train and catch up everyone else too! For Raffles.