|
Things have been really eventful over the past week! I'm glad I have the holidays, even with all this homework I'm still enjoying it pretty nicely.
Hmm I shall start from wednesday. Wednesday was quite a packed day with training in the morning + an interview with Ms Bernise Ang + RIPB alumni gathering! Training was quite okay with the cross guys helping me to time my 4x150m runs and waving across at me from the other side of the track in full view of the world haha. Well the best part of the day was the interview really. It made my day! and Chris Kwan's and Nabil's too.
We had to interview bernise for our english biography project and yeah she was so cool. Our supposed meeting venue was the raffles place coffee club. But it was so horribly noisy with alot of conversations in the restaurant + a prudential insurance publicity stint outside + fighter jets flying overhead and drowning our voices. We noticed all that noise within the 20 minutes spent waiting for her.
And when she came we just proceeded as planned amidst all that noise, complete with a waiter buzzing at us to take our orders and eventually that waiter got the outlet manager to get our orders because we had already gone without an order for half an hour and it was lunchtime so there were many customers and we just had to order and eat and leave. So we just ordered.
Then the coolest thing happened: Nabil made a passing comment suggesting that the coffee connoisseur underground would be much quieter and more peaceful for discussion and bernise just ran to the counter to cancel the orders and took us out of the place. And we were left feeling very surprised and wow-ed and impressed haha.
Well yes that's a once-in-a-lifetime thing! Will never forget raffles place coffee club!

The interview went on really nicely and smoothly afterwards. Then came the RIPB alumni gathering which was simply memorable and fun, having our seniors come back and play soccer then share with us a whole lot of advice and ideas. Plus a really great dinner at the dining hall.
The next day was RIPB chalet!
Some random moments during the chalet, over three days. I just returned from the chalet this morning and I'm horribly tired as expected. Haha okay I started piling mahjong tiles randomly during dinner and yeah the little thing started off like this:

Then I kept piling and in the end I had a masterpiece!

And together with max huang I made all sorts of structures like triangular and circular towers and a shrine thingy plus some bridge haha it was quite a joke


And here's the cake for the may and june birthday prefects before prefects had their cake!

And here is ryan tan who had his cake!

And over the second night we left the barbecue area in a huge mess so I hope there weren't rats or anything haha. I watched three movies over the second day and piled my mouth full with chips so now I'm horrible guilty. Maybe I shall listen to mchia and eat yong tau foo for every single meal until the end of nationals.

And the bowling alley where I spent many hours writing + working on random bits of homework which can be easily finished. Everytime I look at the lanes from above I just feel the holidays are ending. Randomly. Everything's random.

I'm tired so I shall rest! Off I go.
|