|
It was a horribly sleepy day yesterday and I had horrible productivity; in fact I think I only read a few pages of a book here and there and worked a little bit on the biography presentation. I feel very guilty that other than all that, I've spent the rest of yesterday lazing at home, knocked out in fatigue.
But heh I won't die, cos I'll be away from school at least 3 days out of 5 thanks to the nationals, and I shall do the catching-up when they're over :D Life is really good right now! I'm stressed from the nationals but yet there's this space of freedom from all the academic pressure, away from all the work stress which really makes me feel alive again and ready to take on the world.
Well on about yesterday! It was very rainy in the morning, happily a nice cold morning to have training. And I did 100m 200m 300m feeling very comfortable with my pace. Eventually I broke 41 seconds for 300m for the first time in 2-3 months and I feel happy about it! Still I don't think I can last the last 100m so I guess I have to even out my pace a little more. Hope isn't bleak even with two giant battlescars down my leg!
But as soon as I reached home I just knocked out cold into deep sleep and woke up in the late afternoon regretting that I dozed off and thinking that I should have done some work. But oh well. It's okay!
Oh I had a huge feast for dinner at this bedok marketplace thing. Left me all stuffed. This was when we were about to finish our dinner -.- haha

Updates on the past week:
Youthful youth day was spent at chriskwan's house early in the morning working on our physics project! We're gonna do this model of a gauss rifle thing and it actually works so I can't wait to see it in action (well maybe I can't because of my nationals but oh well hope I do!)
Chriskwan has lots of cool electrical stuff at home, I wonder where he gets all these. All I see at home are like drawing materials, paper and games. His study looks like a mini lab on its own!

Ahah the model!

Well I left a while later after coiling rounds and rounds of wire and doing up the report and stuff for math class. Fried my brain. And then I went for lunch, took a little walk (and got stalked) up Raffles Square-Boat Quay then on to the esplanade and city hall! Haha it was fun; the last time I ever walked that path was last year and yeah it's nice to walk around freely again.
Then I went back to school for training and that was pretty much it. I met Sam Soh on the train and kept laughing at him while he got pissed because he didn't know why I was laughing. Oh well smile! That was a very happy youth day :D
Over the entire week was RI YOUTH WEEK and it was a big blast; with competitions here and there for everyone to join. Well since I had a gameboy with a pokemon game I stopped playing 2-3 years ago, I decided to dig my gameboy out from my heap of rubbish at home and sign up for the 3v3 pokemon contest, eventually getting whopped by a sec one who used his mewtwo to wipe out all my 3 in a matter of minutes. Ahh I got thrashed. But that's fine haha! It was fun enough :D
And uh ya talking about the youth week comm shirt. MCHIA you owe me a comm shirt because you put my logo on it and I don't get one! But yes real men wear pink.

Wednesday was a deaded day with RE and all and BCG is moving very slowly but slowly gaining some height. Oh yes ruiyong and tingzhang are seriously very very good jokers. Well every RI guy will know about their youth week ventures really soon! I really laughed my head off with all their jokes.
Well training went quite well I suppose, can't remember much. After training I had a nice happy and fun dinner at Pastamania! Stuffed myself full (I've been carbo-loading since don't know when, not sure if it ever works but I'm pretty sick of pasta already -.-) Then it was a sleepy trip home.
Thursday - CRICKET C'DIV FINALS. AND THAT WAS OUR SECOND GOLD FOR THE SEASON!

RIPB came, saw, flagged, cheered, battled against an overwhelming number of ACSian supporters and sadly had to leave at the call of the bus lest we get stranded but minutes later RAFFLES CONQUERED. Congrats all cricketeers!
This is for Raffles man! Etched mark on the ceylon sports field.

Then FRIDAY came. 4x100m 8th qualifier with jonlim leaving behind a battlescar on his leg. But it's okay haha. Before going back to school to rest and to have the BCG meeting to plan out our business ideas, I went walking again! This time from Raffles Place to Boat Quay then on to Clarke Quay (and visited the new central mall which has its exits and entrances planted at every entrance to the Clarke Quay mrt station such that it gets really irritating) and then back to Raffles Place again.
Then dinner was at Novena Han's, spent time enjoying the nice ambience and lights and trying to feel the random fluctuating aircon and joking at the guy by the window who was being all secretive and hiding his files away from anyone who walked to close to him. Eventually it turned out (under our detailed observations) that he was spying on people. Scary haha!
But yeah the week was really fun. And I really appreciate the freedom. Now on to next week. With the single round to qualify for, the single round relay to make or break, and a head full of hair to shave. 231 for the win!

Godspeed, Raffles.
|