|
Today was Judo finals, and Artgym finals! I went for the former, with a rather big group of RI guys and it was quite a thrilling afternoon. But sadly our supporters got owned by the hwachong opposition in numbers! Doesn't matter, we took home the b'div gold (EIGHTH GOLD, EIGHTH!) and rj took home their a'div girls gold!

The judokas rocked. I think weixiang was seriously crazily pro he just flipped the hwachong guy on his back in a matter of seconds and it was all over for his part. Titus was playing it very very calmly and coolly! And he pulled it off with aplomb :D Yanjun just crushed his opponent haha madness. Congrats guys!
And also congrats to RI art gym for the 3rd and 4th places, it's been a tough fight!
It's 2 days since the track nationals ended; the off-season training will start next week for me. I shall do lots of gymming and running and gear up for inter-house cross country as well. Then work on sprints and increase my speed. Hope everything will all pull themselves together and I will work towards that 49.
SNAPSHOTS PAST THE MIND - jonlim
Of bloodshot eyes we awaken to the first stale taste of the air we once breathed, devoid of belief; dead of dreams and wishes bare.
Four whole years in the heat of trips, dashes, falls, crashes; Juggling between two parties fulfillingly pulling from either side.
The single round beckons; the single round in less than fifty. Of the memories and dreaded toil for a year of new beginnings.
I lay, humbled at the history; the history of the legacy, the victories. My shoes shan't lay untouched. I'll burn in them holes of much.
Past people we walk, we know, we see, we feel we aren't in a place so free. To stop time is never to be, are we holding so dear to our years, past ourselves, in its very time of bliss, thrill and burns.
I am what I am. I am what is to be. But to be, will never be, if I am what is always free.
|