|
CORRINNE MAY CONCERT - BEAUTIFUL SEED - 030807
Well this is really the best of yesterday - Corrinne May's concert, Beautiful Seed, at the NUS UCC Hall.
The concert featured mostly songs from her new-and-upcoming album, Beautiful Seed, and they're really really nice :D I've heard some of the songs while she was working on them, back in the previous 2 concerts, the valentines day one and the christmas one! This new album takes a look more into the happenings of a day-to-day life, and of love and friendship.
Well I couldn't take any photos because silly me ran into the wrong queue line after the concert and in the end had to line up waaaay behind in the autograph queue. Then it got too late and I simply had to go home ): But no, an autograph was gotten in the end :D:D
Plus there was a pre-release of the album last night, so HURRAY I have the latest Corrinne May album before anyone else! Ahh I was really happy and serenaded, and dreamy. And here's the album plus the concert postcards!

Here's the lyrics of one song in the album which I find to be really meaningful. It talks about being there for a friend, and I guess this is something we all really need to do, and I know I will do it!
SHELTER by Corrinne May
What's wrong, what's getting you down Is it something I might have said? You're walking around, with your head to the ground and your eyes are watery red
I know you've been through tough times Kicked around, thrown to the ground but you've always been the strong one. So don't tell me that nobody gets you 'cause I'm standing in your corner Knocking at your door, You don't have to be alone
Just call my name Let me be an answer 'cause it hurts me to see you this way I wanna ease your pain Help me understand Let me be your shelter, my friend
We share a bond, You and I we belong We're like coffee and morning trains Strip my defences, I catch your pretences The same blood runs through our veins
I swore I'd be your lifeline Make a vow that I'd surround you with love at every milestone I'll listen when nobody gets you I'm still standing in your corner Waiting by your door, you don't have to be alone
Just call my name Let me be an answer 'cause it hurts me to see you this way I wanna ease your pain Help me understand Let me be your shelter, my friend
It was not too long ago You sought to understand You helped to mend, remember when So promise me you'll
Call my name Let me be an answer 'cause it hurts me to see you this way I wanna ease your pain Help me understand Let me be your shelter, my friend.
And things are, all the more fine :D (the post below's whatever happened earlier in the day!)
|