|
Today is a simply boring day, not to mention a very sleepy one where I dozed off in the middle of tuition and didn't realized I was just stoning at a single math problem for a crazy amount of time.
I feel horrible. I need all the motivation and confidence I can get to get myself studying hard, not just skimming through books day by day and feeling pseudo-accomplishment. EOYs are a month away! I can't lose it now, no matter how things seem to be sinking, falling, breaking apart, if they are, anyway.
Well yeah these are the last few hours to the end of the supposed holidays. The past two days have been fun enough though! On friday I visited the Mazda showroom somewhere around the eunos area. My mom's getting a new car yay! Because the old one (a Hyundai Matrix)'s coughing up a lot of problems and I think the contract's due or something.
Mazda has really cool cars. I wasn't expecting to see a whole collection of sleek race cars (would've stayed there and stared at them the whole day if there was a whole lineup!) but yeah the cars look good. But still, nothing much really appeals to me other than the race-tuned ones. So I frantically asked the salespeople if I could find an RX-8 around there, and yes they pointed outside - this sleek shiny blue RX-8 in the shelters waiting to be driven hahaha gosh

I realized that I really really hate and cannot stand doing things without them coming to fruition. Realized it at this point after I posted thousands of words and the post screwed up and now I have to write it all over again. But never mind!
And yup this is the car my mom's going to get, the Mazda 3 SP, albeit white. It's pretty cool, looks sporty in itself!

Here's one incredibly funny thing which happened at the showroom - this salesman probably thought that I was the son of some rich multimillionaire who owns ten cars or something because he started trying to convince me to buy the Mazda 2 I was looking at. So I played along with him and told him that my dad would certainly like the design of this car, and that I would give serious consideration to getting it, then I told him that I'd be on my way to go home and ask my dad about it. He bade me goodbye, all smiles and told me to wish my dad a very good day on his behalf HAHA. But I respect such dedication to his job, it's good :D
Then I headed for my dad's office, rushed BCG and did a little bit of reading, and then it was home for me.
Friday was a little more fun - I went out early in the morning to study alone at novena han's chillout terrace. It's a pretty cool place I realize, having dined there for many dinners which ended pretty nicely and I felt really comfortable with the place. It's semi-outdoors, being half airconditioned, and what's more, it's quite cosy and roomy because peope rarely notice this spot while crossing between the two novena malls just next to the mrt station.

I did a bit of BCG work, then started on confusing chem. I had both lunch and dinner there haha! And then around 4 plus I made my way back to school, changed into blazer attire and soon I was ready for duties at the ORA Dinner. Haha it was fun enough, but pretty unfair - seeing how RIPB needs to usher guests, conduct school tours, manage book sales, oversee the dinner but not get anything to eat. And also while RG people get to come here and eat only! But never mind, no one else earns $20 from this :D

Oh I remember something - before the dinner, I had the opportunity to take four ex-Rafflesians on a tour around RI and RJC, and it's cool to listen to them reminisce about their past experiences in the schools. I seriously can't imagine myself coming back to RI 10-20 years later and meeting all my old friends. Haha can't imagine law jia hao 30 years old. Or even 20, from now.
Like I said just now, I hate doing things when they don't come to fruition. I also hate not being able to do anything about any situation. So yeah I started to feel really obsolete during the dinner, noticing how we sec fours are starting to fade away and we have to let the sec threes take the lead. But that's okay!
Here we have Isaac, Xiang Peng, Guo Wei and Gabriel managing Dr William Tan's book booth! True enough, No Journey Too Tough, we braved through what must've been like 6 hours from 5pm to 11pm without a single meal!

And somewhere in the middle of the dinner i started to get really high. Yeah paul had to go onstage to receive a character award of some sort and RIPB gave him a big WE LOVE YOU PAUL which shook him quite a bit! Such that he ran all the way to the back of the hall and gave us this what-do-you-think-you-were-doing kind of look. But rocks :D
And yeah I started drinking a lot of Mirinda Orange. And got more and more high. And did random things like laugh uncontrollably, waving wildly during marcus' brilliant performance and cheering and yelling in joy along with the ex-Rafflesians that won in the lucky draw. Along the way I was discussing the prospect of Gabriel Tong naming his son Tong and his chinese name Tong Tong, so next time his son can be proudly called Tong Tong Tong Tong!
Along the way I helped Dr William Tan up and down backstage, and so in that process I stoned quite a bit back there in the dark. Then we got back down and continued highing and randoming until the dinner started to end. I must say, RIPB probably had its best Unite cheer in many months, I felt really happy and proud from doing that cheer with everyone around us remembering the past and feeling all Rafflesian again. Well done RIPB :D
After helping Dr Tan pack his stuff into his really cool car (a Toyota 200SX! One of the models within Initial D!), I headed for home while Shanzhi Zongyi and company headed for cartel for a pretty late dinner. Yeah, and I slowly got home in the late of the night, enjoying the bright light of the RI teachers' gate.

Well looking at everything, everything feels like it's ending. It's one of the last events of the year. As sec fours, we're slowly ending our term, we're fading away. Just like the petals of roses which the RIPB EXCO smashed to pieces outside the prefects' room when we discovered that the water was breeding mosquitoes, and the roses were all gone and dying.

Fresh, blooming, flourishing, now dying, withering, peeling off away. I want to nurture, to be the light - but now the light has moved its spot to turn its face on others, leaving us of the spirit, the adulation. Can we light up the sky, one last time.
|