|
Today was a nice day, given a nice training, nice trip home and managing to finish most of my tasks for the day!
Training was cool, in the cold morning air we did a real lot of stretching drilling gymming and running. This time we tried a fartlek whilst in our 20 minute run and we had to sprint random distances like from lamp post to signboard to bus stop haha. It was fun but it left me in horrible fatigue. But never mind I know my fitness is kept somewhere high up there and I'll continue running!
I was brooding over my CCA prospects again during training. Because of this realization that I'd be quite useless in track. Well in response to Bryan's tag a few days ago, true enough that I like running but I'd carry on running just like how I like it, not running for competition but in the end losing out and not achieving anything. My reason for possibly leaving track would be that I don't like not contributing much to the team, I guess.
So yes I went into a whirl of possible CCAs I could join. Like canoeing, volleyball, floorball, dance, well mainly those where everyone started on the same level, more or less. Wouldn't survive much in a CCA requiring expertise haha. But I don't know really. I'd put my hopes on council if my grades weren't so horrible. So if I can convince myself that my grades won't lay waste then perhaps I'll have a clearer light shine on this.
Well I still the entire remaining few months to go, still got lots of time to think - and I won't stop training until I've come to a decision. I still love running a lot, will never stop or give up on it, no matter where I am or what I do.
Then the nice and relaxed part of the day came: my trip to orchard to get myself a book. I realized it's been months since I last visited main orchard (yes hail the no-lifer!) and it feels nice to be walking down the streets again with simple goals in mind like to get something off the shelves and enjoy a nice afternoon haha.
But no, I wasn't carefree. I was trying to lie to myself with pseudo stress-free feelings but the fact that the EOYs are a month away doesn't let anything slip past easily. I felt relaxed but yet strangled by little but yet sharp emotions that I should get around to studying instead of popping by the streets and relax. But never mind I was indeed there and I was going to get my book from kino.
So I visited kinokuniya at taka and got myself TWO books - AT THE PRICE OF EIGHTY CENTS! Heh yes, I had a $30 book voucher with me so I felt it was time to do my literary health some justice. I bought a fiction book, Scavenger by David Morrell and this business strategies book It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want To Be by Paul Arden. I bought the latter more because I feel I really need more motivation to carry me through the last few weeks - been living low on motivation lately and I've been running on an auto-pilot.

I haven't touched Scavenger yet, but I've been a number of pages into It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want To Be and it's been great. Haha I notice that I'm quite impressionable when it comes to these stuff, as well as my own projects and work. I can just believe things to make myself motivated and hyped up about the job, and I probably won't cease this passion until I really shake away from it. Which is good in the sense that I'd have a seemingly endless amount of energy when I work on things but I really have to work on being sceptical when I need to be.
And yes it's already drilled a few familiar but important points into my head. I'm going to bring my attitude and lifestyle to a refresh and a restart, and continue with this crazy rate of work just fine :D
The title of the book says it all - tells you just about everything there is to success. Just be dogged.

RIPB election interviews tomorrow - my final chance as the interview panel haha. I'm gonna treasure this, and see how interesting this year's candidates can get!
|