tagboard +
jonlim;




friends&links;

aarongoh adrielchang alicia andrea anna annie anzhen april arathi arina audrey bentan biquan bryanchia catherine chaiping charlyn cheryllynn chrisanda chrisfang claire danialhakim danny daryl denise edison edwyna farhana gabrieltong geraldine geri guowei haozhi hiokhong hiutung huiwen isabella janan jane japheth jasmine jeremy jiacong jiahao jiahao jianxiong jongoh joycegoh karliang kartik katrina kevinquah kexin kieranrc leroy linan louis lydia marcus mariel marvin mathan matthias minzhe moneyfaces mrpaullim nabil nigel norman pamela portfolio qiwen renhao reuben robinson royce ruiling ruixin ryan sadikin samantha samy santriani serene shangxuan shanzhi shawnlee shawnneo shikai siyi surya tagboard tami tammy theodore timchow timothy tingzhang tom valerie vinna vivian walter wangting weihan weiling weisheng weiting wenjian willzhang xiangying xintian yanhan yewei yongjian yongkong yuda yuze zeslene
archives;

1. HAZE - The comic series part 1
2. HAZE - The comic series part 2
3. Script Check!
4. Prospects of Boxing!
5. Career Prospects!
6. Mirrors! Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter

Sunday, September 2

Out of the pure hectic nature of this very final week, I couldn't post again. Sorry! Haha theodore and shanzhi were bugging away at me to post while we were preparing for teachers' day.

Well yes, term 3 is over, and the final stretch will begin soon. Or well it's already begun!

Things really dragged slowly this week, with the chinese prelims on tuesday, the business plan due wednesday, physics CCT on thursday and chem PT due friday. Mad rush just like all the other weeks but I think all this has drained me quite a bit and I'm feeling more and more tired every single day. Well at least now I get to rest :D

Things didn't really get interesting until the physics CCT was over on thursday and RIPB worked away for teachers' day celebrations due the next day! Unfortunately I wasn't in much of a mood to take any photos. There was the cards crew working away on cards for every single teacher, the Mac army linan readon and will working away on the video, the funky AV group in the control room! And everyone else with their concert items, decorations, stuff. We finished around 9.30pm and headed home fast.

And so I proceeded to rush chem PT. I finished it successfully at 1am and then started on gifts for my teachers. Haha again, didn't have much of any mood to snap it but for each gift I drew a 'happy teachers' day' thingy and wrote a note on an orange piece of paper, then rolled the two pieces up to form a scroll, tied with gold string. I think it looked nice, haha with 17 scrolls in total all packed away in a paper bag, but then I realized it was 4am.

So I made myself a champion by sleeping one hour and then getting up to reach school by 6.30am hahaha. Still, all went fine; I sprung awake when I realized I had to keep a happy and lively face all throughout to make everyone happy, and I guess RIPB pulled it off quite fine :D

Oh there was this serious typo we I made - Instead of 'happy teachers' day' I typed in the apostrophe before the 's' so all the little cards on the bottles including the gigantic banner in the hall read the following:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

But we cleverly pulled it off! By saying that it's a day for happy teachers and so if you are a teacher and you are happy, then this day is just for you :D Well done titus and shiyang for being such pro emcees, having to handle so many things impromptu and still pulling through with aplomb. The school loved the advertisments :D

OH YES THE HIGHLIGHT OF OUR TEACHERS' DAY PREPARATION: INSTITUTION SAGA.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Will and Paul observed the College Saga video on YouTube - the 40-minute video, a parody of the ancient Final Fantasy games where the guys moved around in 90-degree angles. And we tried to do our very own Institution Saga, and succeeded :D HERE IT IS, FOR ALL WHO HAVE MISSED THE VIDEO, OR WANT TO WATCH IT AGAIN!



We drove the whole hall to laughter. Gosh even the preparation for the video was hilarious enough :D

Well then we proceeded with many other items, one of which was marcus singing a song for the teachers, and seriously his voice is tons nicer when you hear it live, now I have officially heard high-level campus superstar singing :D Well done marcus!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Teachers' Day celebrations ended on a high, and I'm glad that we made it so much nicer this year and all the teachers are happy and contented yay!

Then after the celebrations I left for training at macritchie. Sleeping one hour made me really worried as to whether I was going to collapse and doze off halfway in the mud or something. But anyway I felt really weak when I reached, weary in fatigue under the hot sun and wondering why I wasn't back in primary school seeing all my old friends but yeah this is training for RJC.

And so i ran, completed about 4.8km in 20 minutes and exhaustedly returned to the starting spot to do hill runs, about 5 of them. Left me in a really tired state. After having lunch (finally, pasta again after many months!) I got home and slept about over 2 hours and got ready for RIGE concert!

RIGE concert was nice; and I think hiok is really really cool haha when I first saw him I was like woah. Hero in blazer! Then he totally rocked la throughout the concert especially the phantom part with jon ho. It was super super hilarious HAHA they kept sipping on coke / milo and jon ho kept flipping an invisible book, and they kept playing random bits like the myojo mee song and lots of others. THEN HAHA HE APPEARED IN FBTS FOR THE ROCK BAND ACT. Champion. Never knew a cooler guitarist :D

Even the concert booklet is cool! This is hiok's introduction in the booklet.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A closer look shows his classic HI! Hahaha

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh and the part about the rock band - I sat with the softballers and mostly ri guys so we were waiting for slau with his heavy metal act. And we went crazy la haha for all the performances jonneo yelled SLAU SLAU. And later during the intermission they carried a canteen bench all the way up to the auditorium and markered on it 'WE WANT SLAU' hahah CLASSIC PLEASE!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And there he is, in full glory. It isn't so clear from here in the dark.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well it ended shortly after, and everyone was feeling all weary and going home, or going out for supper. Then I hung around hiok with will and gabriel tong and a few others. Then will told me he was feeling very sad suddenly because he realized that our lives in RI are really, really ending.

Then I realized too, that even if I was feeling sad for the impending end to our RI lives for the whole year from the start, by now it's really indeed happening; we have less than a term left. Prometheum day is soon to come and I'll be congratulating my new successor but that's alright. But what really matters (and hurts) is that soon we won't be wearing this same fullwhite uniform anymore, won't be wearing the same metal RI badge anymore. And it feels horrible.

Oh well, we've just got to give our very best, to make the best of what's left. And I know I'm going to do just that, aside all the pressure and fury we're all going through. And this is for the record!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A BROKEN DEAL
by jonlim

Stepped in the front door,
promised, and guaranteed
a whole life of ups and downs;
an adventure of one's own.

Now this is for real,
barely even after I've taken
on this journey; well
why are people leaving.

Where's the reason?
What's the theory?
What gives you this right
to shirk the promise?

Questions unanswered,
pleas unheard, all those
words go through untaken.
What is needed is freedom,
from what you chose to take.

Is this how it's supposed to be,
letting things free whenever
you want them to be? Maybe.
I'd be wary.

Simple logic, rational decision.
It's just so easy to commit to duty
and just so hard to let go
of one's failures, and irrationalities.

Another end of a chapter,
sign this bestseller in blood ink
and let it print, let it be sold,
let it go down the years in gold.
Remembered, preserved,
maybe republished, but never again
the old scripts recovered.