|
Studying crazily over the past few days and suddenly I realized this morning that one entire year has passed, and tomorrow is again, Prometheum Day.
This time, it won't be my day, it'd be the end of my term, and well I have been feeling and thinking a lot about it and how I have done through this one whole year - for RI, for RIPB, for everyone around me.
It wasn't just Jonathan Lim up on the platform doing the morning announcements every other day. It wasn't just Jonathan Lim with an extra gold crown on the RIPB badge. It was definitely more than all that. More that what I have done for RIPB in the earlier 2 years of my service.
I entered RIPB at the end of secondary one, unsure of where I was, well and I guess I led a very uninformed and carefree life then, until at the end of the year when I picked up a call from Mr. Lim while I was stoning on the train home and he told me that I'd be handling OBS orientation for sec threes for the coming year.
That was when my life changed. In that year starting with OBS and all, it was a very happening thing, and a very deadly pace - hopping across countless projects and events and slogging through the whole few months, while at the same time trying to pull everything together and making sure I didn't lose track of who I was, and who my friends were, though I must say I think I've been a complete zombie in that entire year.
Then it came to me, honestly it did bring back life into me, giving me a really high level of motivation and new-found drive, plus a stronger reason to fight for this cause. I am thankful, and here I am today awaiting the very final Prometheum Day, awaiting my impending handover, awaiting the moment when I let new blood take on the gold crown.
RIPB has given me three years worth of experience and memories I can't get elsewhere. It has given me friends so great I'm not worth having them. It has shown me the life beyond a surface RI, and it has shown me that some people in the world genuinely thrive on passion and drive for their causes.
I believe I'm one myself - Well to put it simply, if I start to lose interest in things, then I will be nothing, nobody, without anything to rely on. And I can say I'm happy for that in a way because I will always keep myself going no matter what I do, no matter how hard or uninteresting things might get - I will push on.
I was, am and will still be proud of Raffles Institution Prefectorial Board. Congratulations Zong Yi, and all the best dude.

Thank you RIPB, and thank you RI.
|