|
I'm back from malaysia and I'm just so glad that I've gone on that trip. It really took a load of things off my mind and now I'm as relaxed as can be. Unfortunately I think I'm in some burnt state and I'm not working much on chinese. I've got to work hard lest my paper spells disaster for me, and that's not going to happen for it'll be pretty much my last time with chinese as a subject somewhat!
Actually I took countless photos during my trip in malaysia over saturday and sunday, but oh well the memory stick in my phone died or something and nothing can be read so I guess I'm not meant to post photos. I shall just do a little recount and make it as painless as possible! I realized reading my posts for prolonged periods of time makes me see blackwhite stripes in my vision.
Well honestly I can't really remember vividly what happened because I didn't do much, and most of the time in the car I was sleeping and catching up on the sleep debt incurred for months and months hahah. We went to this Farm Leisure Resort somewhere near the tuas checkpoint. And the best thing about the resort was that it was completely empty. Yeah not even another single family or something - it was just us alone with the entire resort to ourselves and it was just like we booked the entire place!
Well to my brother, it was pure boredom. To me I guess it was pure peace, for the whole place was dotted with gardens, lakes, landscapes, including an empty horse-riding track and thatched houses and blocks. We stayed in this very very nice two-storey semi-d, and I liked the whole interior! It was maroon and white, floored with parquet and we had a nice view of some forests and the sea :D
I guess what we did was just drive around to explore the entire area. It was so big I guess malaysia could have a disneyland in place of the resort seriously. Then we walked around, played pool, table-tennis in this seemingly Balls-Of-Fury-like arena of sorts. Argh the agony I lost all my photos and it's so sad I can't post them all here! Everything was well, clean and green (with many huge rooms) HAHA.
We spent saturday night playing mahjong on the dining table and I watched Behind Enemy Lines on channel 5 (yes singapore tv in malaysia ftw) and after that I had a really peaceful sleep in one of the cosy rooms on the second floor. Woke up reluctantly on sunday and after that we went to shop!
Oh I think I realized that my memory stick wasn't working right around this time so I switched my photos to be stored in my phone. So in total I have about two photos throughout the whole trip. Sigh doesn't matter I guess it's good enough!
We visited Tebrau City shopping mall as usual and this time Quiksilver had this crazy 50% storewide discount haha gosh I literally tore the shop down poring over the clothes, accessories, bags, whatnot. In the end I got myself a wallet and pencil case! Haha yay. They were worth less than $50 in total I tell you, while I have to spend like $100-$200 in Singapore to land my hands on one of these.

Then during lunch my dad had coffee, and a little of the coffee seeped down and reached around this meal plate. So when he removed the plate there was this funnily big coffee mark on the table. My brother decided to decorate the coffee mark with sandwich sticks, nachos and a piece of tomato so we had this nice face on the table when we left!

The whole afternoon was spent shopping there; just one normal mall itself in Malaysia can defeat Vivocity I tell you. The shopping mall was so much bigger. Taking advantage of the sale discounts I got myself a Converse shirt as well :D
We returned to Singapore shortly after that, and I had a very very filling dinner at Suntec Sizzler and returned home all bloated and satisfied. It was a great trip and I had very much of peace of mind over the two days but unfortunately I left my chinese homework neglected so here I am posting away and I'm going to drill chinese after this. We've got one more week to go and we will tide over it; after which it will be truly, salvation.
But seriously, what a happening programme before it all ends on the 5th. I can't wait for what's ahead!
26th - Rafflesian Spotlight Finals 27th - BCG Finals at ACS(I) 28th - NB Realrun! 31st - HCL O'S. AND SALVATION. 1st - RE Congress and mesmeRISE! 2nd - Graduation Ceremony 5th - Graduation Night :D 2nd Dec - Singapore Marathon 10km run
Peace pretty much, and loads of hope for today. The papers are all coming back and well things aren't going to look good. I'll post about them when all the papers are back.
Anyway tingzhang has kindly gotten my race bib and chip for me; it's a real cool thing! Eh apart from weihan whom I know is going for realrun, anyone who's going for the run please let me know! I might want to run with you because I'm not going to rush a 10km after many weeks of no exercise due to the EOYs.

And for the record today; ruiyong and marcus facing the lens in all its seriousness.

I just got back about half an hour ago, from a follow-up meeting on the Stand Up, Speak Out against Poverty movement and it was really cool, plus vernetta lopez the dj/actress was there and stuff. I learnt alot, and I felt alot for the movement during the meeting, and now I shall see where my interest in this takes me for RI :D
Till the next post. Interclass soccer tomorrow!
|