|
LETTERS IN HELLCHURN - jonlim
I sign a note. It reads 'Chapter One'; its faded glint, followed a few scribbles and a haggard cross, plus another 'Chapter One', shinier, right under the first.
The chapters never go on, well why; the writer's block they say. No, well this is Life's block; and these letters are swirling, whirling around, keeping you in the drown and frown.
No use harping on the same old tune, to climb these hills in the night's old chill. You thought it was bliss, well now you guess it was just a miss, and another scar tears the flesh, once more.
After a night of lights, sounds, air; too foolish for these to invite despair. Where's my ticket out of this mess, why's it leaving me to guess?
With the mob of fervour and fury we stand strong together, for the final piece. It lies for me a key to release; well I look to above. Someone was yelling.
Look up sonny, I'm talking to you. This is life's coach; and I'm taking you into the team. I'm going to make you bury your head in fury and I'll watch you worm your way out.
From Chapter One you'll go on to Two. You'll spend no time dawdling on how the hero has died, or how his dame had cried; if it in essence doesn't help you go on to Two.
The ink splotches signs of anger, frustration, disbelief; it's all too common to the eye. What is splotched is indeed real, perhaps too real, it's blind.
You can laugh at yourself, for how low you lie, or rather how you choose to lie low. Push aside these crazes, forget these very faces; stand up strong; no more limits in tow.
The team's waiting for you, are you in, or well, trying to be out?
Oh burn.
|