|
Realrun was great!

I reached the changi exhibition centre at around 6 and realized it was already quite packed. Then since I was alone I couldn't find a nice spot to place my stuff. And this being my first time going for such a race I really didn't know what exactly I should do and so I practically just walked around the place aimlessly and decided to get changed.
For the first time in my life I saw that the gents had a long queue while the ladies was quite empty. This is exactly opposite of what we see everyday and well, it was funny haha. Yeah so I got changed and I went to warmup.
And the first thing which hit me was that the sea breeze was so strong and nice! Plus the entire exhibition centre was overlooking the sea so it was really cool. Well yeah I did what I had to do, ran a little, stretched a little then proceeded to the start line, and along the way I met Eddie and Ryan and yay I ran with them throughout the race :D
It was quite relaxed given the fact that we were starting at the back of the crowd so we started at quite a slow pace; eventually we realized that the pace was too slow so we kept overtaking and we were going quite fine.
Along the way we ran into many people; I managed to find weihan in the crowd 3km into the race and in the end he drifted off somewhere. Then there was chernhwee who was well WALKING and later Eddie got horribly attacked hahaha.
The whole race course was nice, save for the sand route where I had to prevent myself from randomly stumbling during my run due to the instability of the sand. It went quite okay I guess. Towards the end I ran out of gas and had to drag myself on and on to the finish line. Finished about 54 minutes, well satisfactory given that I haven't been training much since the EOYs.
Next up's stanchart 10k yay! Now I'm off to study chinese, 3 days more and it's all over.
|