tagboard +
jonlim;




friends&links;

aarongoh adrielchang alicia andrea anna annie anzhen april arathi arina audrey bentan biquan bryanchia catherine chaiping charlyn cheryllynn chrisanda chrisfang claire danialhakim danny daryl denise edison edwyna farhana gabrieltong geraldine geri guowei haozhi hiokhong hiutung huiwen isabella janan jane japheth jasmine jeremy jiacong jiahao jiahao jianxiong jongoh joycegoh karliang kartik katrina kevinquah kexin kieranrc leroy linan louis lydia marcus mariel marvin mathan matthias minzhe moneyfaces mrpaullim nabil nigel norman pamela portfolio qiwen renhao reuben robinson royce ruiling ruixin ryan sadikin samantha samy santriani serene shangxuan shanzhi shawnlee shawnneo shikai siyi surya tagboard tami tammy theodore timchow timothy tingzhang tom valerie vinna vivian walter wangting weihan weiling weisheng weiting wenjian willzhang xiangying xintian yanhan yewei yongjian yongkong yuda yuze zeslene
archives;

1. HAZE - The comic series part 1
2. HAZE - The comic series part 2
3. Script Check!
4. Prospects of Boxing!
5. Career Prospects!
6. Mirrors! Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter

Sunday, November 4

Yesterday was the last day of our RI lives.

I couldn't sleep on the way to school like I always did. I just couldn't. I surveyed the surroundings on the way to school and realized the bus ride was always so long but I skipped through it all by just falling into slumber everytime the moment I got seated. But today it was just so great, listening to everyday tunes whilst enjoying the last bus ride to RI.

Then I reached, and found my way to my classroom, along this familiar corridor of the third storey of the raja block which I will sadly, not walk along so much ever again.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I reached my classroom, for the last time in the morning.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After the bell rang we all proceeded down to the Raffles Square after having taken a considerably large amount of photos to last our lives. And there and then, I experienced the last RI morning assembly - humbly from 4K, with the class as opposed to standing by the platform for most of the days of this year, reading out the long drone of announcements and meeting instructions. This time I was hearing it all, though not wishing it would end.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After a nice morning assembly we got back to class. And here, is the last moment I'm spending in this nice classroom of 4K. Ah well memories.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And we got back our GPAs and mark lists. Thankfully there was quite a bit of moderation done on our results so we boosted our grades by quite a bit. My GPA has well, thankfully tided over the big 3 barrier so I'm happy enough, and ready to take on the new year with some new drive. I'm just thankful enough I survived :D

So anyway, it soon turned 9.45am and it was time to have recess, and here I am having the last recess as a RI boy. The nice pasta topped with chicken which has been my source of carbo-loading for the past year haha.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I will miss 4K, us having recess like this almost every single day.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I will miss Tu Guang's everyday coffee and dimsum!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then after our very final recess it was our very final assembly programme - our very own graduation ceremony.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was draggy, quite, but I guess I really appreciated the whole ceremony. My thanks go to 4K for making that one last effort to do a nice special pose when we were all onstage. I guess we stood out so much from the rest :D

Then I went backstage - for the last time. And when the time came for us to sing our batch song, I realized at that very moment, while our arms were wrapped around each other and i was facing the entire secondary 4 cohort - that it was really ending. 4 whole years of memories and fun, it was all coming to this very end. And I wanted to do was to sit there and stone and reminisce about all the things we did as a batch, all my experiences in RI and all these wonderful memories.

And then the batch song ended. I daresay it was the best Unite cheer we ever did.

I guess so much can't be said here about these four years, I can never describe it fully. From secondary one I entered this school, pretty much overwhelmed by its utter grandeur and excellence, but nevertheless wanting to do well. And I've grown so much (sadly not much in height) but so much as a person.

I know I am nothing without my passion and drive, and I'm thankful Raffles has shown me that. I will continue to do my best for so much more. They all say, Rafflesians don't accept the status quo - and that is true in every essence of it. We always want more, haha quoting Jia Wei as our batch representative for the reflection during the graduation ceremony, "The best is yet to be" essentially, but no no no not about that, but the Hope of a Better Age.

I'll miss dozing in class before morning assembly starts.
I'll miss sitting beside the king of the mile and listening to his jokes and watching him with his everyday antics.
I'll miss the horribly filling recess with pasta and mixed rice every single day.
I'll miss coming down to prepare for school events after school, late into the night.
I'll miss rushing off to the rj track after school and give my all into the 400m.
I'll miss feeling tired and awfully drained returning home after a nice school day.
I'll miss trying to mug and finish all my assignments and homework while trying to complete proposals and calling up people for the next day's worth of activities.
I'll miss sleeping at 2-3am and waking up at 5am and feeling awfully tired.

I'll miss forgetting to bring my tie in the morning and desperately finding ruiyong to lend me one.
I'll miss trying to mug in the library but unfortunately ending up dozing and regretting it hours later.
I'll miss coughing blood to finish my 5x200m runs in less than 27 seconds.
I'll miss coughing blood to finish my repetitive 4km runs in less than 20 minutes.
I'll miss watching people like ruiyong stand up on his chair and waving to the teachers after the HCL prelim exams because the teachers forgot to collect our papers.
I'll miss making the bunsen burner cough up two flames instead of one by putting a wooden splint on it.
Haha whatever, I'll miss so much.

I'll miss 1A'04, 2A'05, 3K'06 and 4K'07.
I'll miss Raffles Institution Prefectorial Board
I'll miss Raffles Track.
I'll miss Bayley House.
I'll miss my BCG mates.
I'll miss my teachers and all my buddy Rafflesians.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'll miss Raffles Institution. Farewell.