tagboard +
jonlim;




friends&links;

aarongoh adrielchang alicia andrea anna annie anzhen april arathi arina audrey bentan biquan bryanchia catherine chaiping charlyn cheryllynn chrisanda chrisfang claire danialhakim danny daryl denise edison edwyna farhana gabrieltong geraldine geri guowei haozhi hiokhong hiutung huiwen isabella janan jane japheth jasmine jeremy jiacong jiahao jiahao jianxiong jongoh joycegoh karliang kartik katrina kevinquah kexin kieranrc leroy linan louis lydia marcus mariel marvin mathan matthias minzhe moneyfaces mrpaullim nabil nigel norman pamela portfolio qiwen renhao reuben robinson royce ruiling ruixin ryan sadikin samantha samy santriani serene shangxuan shanzhi shawnlee shawnneo shikai siyi surya tagboard tami tammy theodore timchow timothy tingzhang tom valerie vinna vivian walter wangting weihan weiling weisheng weiting wenjian willzhang xiangying xintian yanhan yewei yongjian yongkong yuda yuze zeslene
archives;

1. HAZE - The comic series part 1
2. HAZE - The comic series part 2
3. Script Check!
4. Prospects of Boxing!
5. Career Prospects!
6. Mirrors! Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter

Wednesday, November 7

I realized today is quite a short day, full of naps and stoned moments. And I realized I owe myself and my lifestory an ode to Raffles, and I shall just spend the evening thinking about how Raffles Institution has made me the person I am today, a graduate of the school, and ready to take on what lies next.

I'm not even listing out what I'm going to type to give myself some sense of direction in this post; I'm just going to type wherever I lead myself, and see where I will go in this.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Waving our flags around for the shooting of the advertisement for The Arena early this year.

Well, it's really magical, these four years. Regardless of all the bad happenings in between, it has really been a magical four years of my life. Ever since my primary school form teacher confirmed right in front of me that I was headed for my first (and only determined) choice, Raffles Institution, I knew I was headed for something great, not just in my academics but in everything else too. I was excited, yet apprehensive of what would come.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Watching the green black white ballooons fall down on the sec ones during the very first PSGM session, the final major programme of the Secondary One orientation programme.

And then I entered the school, and immediately sensed this aura, different from my previous 12 years of my life - everyone was so motivated, spirited, and ready to do their best. And I was impressed and yet humbled by the fact that I was going to be part of this school, the best school in Singapore. I was thoroughly convinced that these are what legends are made of, and there and then, at a fine age of 13, I was slowly becoming part of this legend.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A shot of the Junior Block last year, where my class (3K) was, on the third floor.

And it was in this very school that I slowly saw the type I person I was to be. I relied on my interests and my passions to take me far, because I slowly discovered that once I'm really passionate about something I'd go all the way for it, and really all the way, beyond my own expections and possibly beyond others'. I also knew that without my drive and my passions, I am well essentially, nothing. And so I saw to it that I kept myself very alive all through these four years, striving hard and keeping myself the way I was when I entered the school - alive and ready to fight. And I'm really glad I kept it that way - well the school helped me to keep myself that way.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A shot of the old podium where we used to have our morning assemblies last year. It was then under renovation and being repainted. Now it still stands tall over the astroturf.

One particular way I keep this alive is through this spirit - the Rafflesian spirit, as many say and as many would consider either dead or alive. I definitely know it's alive within me, regardless of whether I've graduated or not. I strongly say my blood is green black white. You can question this blind belief - well I've got 184 years of extreme excellence behind me, and I'm certain I'll contribute to the 185th.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A shot of one of the corridors of the Admin block last year, a day before the 2006 RE Congress. The walls are lined with 183 years of history, watching the tables which were soon to be filled by the Service Learning project booths.

There's so much I can say about things but well, to put it simply, I grew so much, and I took away so much from these 4 years spent in RI, and I really wish I could just relive these 4 years and gain so much more. Regrets aside, I am really happy I've been here. As I stood singing my last institution anthem, and as I did my last RI unite cheer at The Grand Copthorne, I know for sure that these 4 years are certainly are and going to remain as the best 4 years of my life. Truly.

I don't know how many times I've said this but yes, I'm for Raffles. I can't get enough of it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A shot of the school just seconds after students were dismissed from an assembly programme, this year, in the new school hall. I'm really going to miss this.

So this is the end of yet another point of my life, and I'll move on to greater ground. Raffles Junior College is going to hold new prospects for me, considering the rather shocking subject combination I'm taking in view of my sec3-4 combination. I'm quite excited, albeit feeling sad for RI. This is bittersweet.

Tomorrow I'll be away on a cruise so I'll post when I'm back!