|
What a happily pleasant day today! It went along so fine, the humble accomplishment, coupled together with a wonderful dance session at the end of the day simply made it complete :D
I got up in a big fright that I possibly overslept but here goes the great day where it's quite rare to be busy, right smack in the middle of the holidays in which we graduating sec fours have neither school commitments nor homework! But yeah I got up and quickly rushed to school.
And the first thing I saw when I reached the hall block was these really beautiful CCA showcase posters - They featured the sports teams which won gold this year, including cross country which had tingzhang's big face all over it! It was really nice, unfortunately I forgot to take a photo. Will post it when I visit it again!
I found chriskwan without much effort and left him my laptop, hence overstuffing his tiny bag and then rushed off to the rj track where I spent about an hour throwing basketballs about randomly. Then we slowly proceeded to pizza hut in J8 for the track farewell! Considering there were only 3 sec fours to pay lunch for, I guess it was just as fun for the other guys :D

And this bunch of guys, in essence, is whom I've spent my four years with on the track, slogging it out, running till our sweat runs dry and we perspire to our thirst. I'm thankful I've not turned my head back on this decision ever since I've stepped on the red dust of the track, running the single round and counting down each and every second to the ultimate fortynine.
Well I've never reached it but it was fun trying to reach it, and laughing so much, learning so much more in the process. Raffles Track taught me much more than a thing or two about perseverance - I still remember a few months back where every single training session was pure slaughter, running 3x300m and 3x200m after that, leaving me completely in fatigue but still driven on from the ultimate goal. I will never ever forget those moments.
Those moments where I know I stood strong on top of the world, no matter where I was. Those moments where I reached a speed which made me feel like I was in a place nobody could reach. Those moments where I know I truly gave my best. And I am nothing but thankful.
Well to top things off, we gave Mr Quek and Mr Yeo presents! Since Mr Quek just had a new baby boy we bought him a pacifier HAHAHA. And Mr Yeo, being the best coach I've ever had these four years, watching me grow from sec one till now, got a nice Nike Lebron cap from us, with the markings of a Raffles Coach. He truly deserves it.

Well that was farewell! I trudged all the way to Yishun after that to kelvin's house to meet chriskwan and worked further on the website with my own laptop, then slowly trudged back in the rain all the way to Simei for dance, and boy was that the best dance lesson I've ever had, kinda!
It was so fun - both hiphop and streetjazz lessons were done to a christmas song and there were so many freestyle moments in between the choreographies, which really made a lot of us so happily calm, and free for that sole moment, dancing to our own steps conjured out of thin air. It brought me to peace, truly, and after the two hours I returned home a truly happy boy, feeling accomplished and calm!
What a day, out of all these stonedead days which pass like nothing!
|