|
Well now I'm safely back at home in the afterburn of the stanchart 10k and I'm slowly recovering. The morning was really cool and the wind was just great for a nice run, and I really did have a great run, albeit choking on a slight cold but anyway yay for surviving the cold and running 10k on one!
The atmosphere was pretty fun. Standard Chartered really pulled off a successful race atmophere with the whole inspiration and motivation thing going, and it was great to see all the supporters clad in adidas and waving placards bearing 'Impossible is Nothing' and well it always help to see familiar faces while you're struggling with the last stretch!

I started off all the way at the front with the cross guys, mchia zhiming shikai twins guanlin and well since I was running on a cold and myself not being a cross runner anyway I was left behind, and slowpoke me got pushed around by all the other athletes who were really speeding away rather calmly. Later on I slowly caught onto a comfortable pace and just went on auto-pilot.
I finished 52 minutes, I guess rather similar to the new balance realrun but somehow this feels less tiring, I don't know why! But anyway I feel satisfied. Maybe it's because of this cold that I had lower expectations of myself but oh well I guess I couldn't do much to change that mentality that I had, and the physical limits that were set on me.
Anyway a new record was set for the marathon! 2 hours 14 minutes something, and well the Kenyans are really really pro people omg top 3 men and top 3 women were all Kenyans -.- I guess their high mountains do give them an edge or something haha prooo. They won a handsome amount of cash for their prizes - now it does pay to run!

And then after a while I reached home all tired and exhausted from the morning, and here I am sitting around trying to finish what seems like a few blog drafts. This, I realize, is my last race as a tracker, and I do appreciate what I have gone through on the track, and on the road, these four years. Being a tracker is all about perfection - to shave off those split seconds off a timing, and not resting until we know we're on top of the world. And we will never rest because we are always kept on our toes; we won't always be on top of the world forever, even if we are someday.

40616 ran his best. I'm contented.
Well, now on to malaysia - where I've been spending the past week in!
The interesting thing about this malaysia trip out of the countless malaysia trips I've been on was that this time, we went with my mom's friend and she had three kids with her so the five of us non-adults, Gladys Kevin Sheryl Joshen and well me! had a ball of a time :D
So we started on the same road past the second link, and began the long 3-hour journey to KL where I had a great long nap and woke up feeling very satisfied. These roads are never seen in singapore, so wide and vast and never-ending haha they're cool!

Then we reached KL and well as explained in my earlier post, we got stuck between what seemed like an oncoming crossfire between the indian men and the malaysian police. So we quickly scrambled out of the place and made for sunway lagoon instead! And we reached petaling jaya soon after, checking into a hotel at the last minute and catching our breaths over what happened that morning in KL.
We went shopping after that at the sunway pyramid; one whole afternoon of shopping. But I guess the entire two days spent in sunway were spent shopping and shopping haha! And on top of that, since my nike air force ones are all holed and worn, so I managed to get a pair of new balance 574s. I think the same brown still suits!

Two whole days were spent in sunway like that, and apart from shopping I guess we managed to eat some good food, like a great deal of Sakae Sushi on the second night!

And quite a bit of time spent at the hotel bar playing pool and just lazing around, especially in these really fun chairs. I want to have one at home so I can just sit in it and fall asleep there and then or something haha!

Well that was it for the first two days. On the third day we went all the up to the genting highlands for a day of well, shopping again -.- but it was cool for the fact that it was well, cold everywhere and we sure could do with a lot of cold weather during the final few months of the year!

I guess the fun really started on the third day because us non-adults were left to ourselves in the hotel room past midnight till about 2am and we joked so much, spun many cards around and had a lot of laughs talking about the riots we faced in KL and how they could possibly be spun out of the lack of roti prata and the police using curry to drown the protesters haha!
Soon before we knew it, the fourth day came and we drove all the way down again, this time back to KL! We realized at this point that the protesters had left KL but they were planning to attack petaling jaya which was where we were two days ago >< so phew; this time we dumped KLCC and made our way to times square!
I swear the hotel rocks. The rooms are so great and though the view isn't great but I guess a view of how a prison looks like from above is quite cool haha.

We spent the whole day shopping again hahaha. At night we caught a midnight show together! It was nothing midnight-ish though - Enchanted was a sweet movie with one of those purely happily-ever-afters! The show finished past two and we trudged back to our rooms crazily exhausted.
On the fifth day we then visited the theme park in times square! I've visited the place a few times already and it's really fun; I never seem to get tired of the place for the fact that it has a really fun indoor roller coaster which takes a tour through the entire theme park, though going at breakneck speed.


Isn't it quite fun to work at an amusement park, knowing that your job makes people happy! I think it's quite cool but we are distracted by our many wants and needs to stop by and realize how little out of the many things we do actually give us happiness.
Pure fun ensued after that; for the five of us started to mix our dinner ingredients around over dinner and we came up with a fun concoction of what seemed like banana, milk, icecream, cheese, bread, and lots of sugar, topped with cherries and starfruits :D Haha we got totally high on it! No we didn't drink it.

The final day was spent driving the long speedway home; halfway through we stopped by the very same dirt track we stopped by half a year ago. And this time we had a lot of fun racing by, and getting ourselves covered in splotches of mud! Plus go-karting after that made us all happy and cheerful from the speed and skidding.
And this is for the record! What a nice trip :D

I guess it was a really refreshing trip, for it allowed me to open up my thoughts, and hereby I am confident that I'm more or less ready for the year ahead, and willing to take whatever life will possibly throw at me. It also sharpened my mentality - always never to plague myself but to give, to sell my soul to what I feel loyal to. And I will proudly say that I'm willing to live my life for Raffles two more years; or rather past that. Even forever!

If they say, that your sole goal in life is not to let any ball through, then that single man at the posts isn't enough. I would say, that the sole goal of his life depends on us, and we'll carry it through as one team should, for one team is enough to take on the world; This team lies in one heart, one vision, one entity. It might lie in just one person, it might lie in all of us. A matter of how much we'd spill, eventually.
|