|
New Year's Eve was in essence, the happiest day of all these holidays, truly!
I went out in the morning, on the very last day of the year, thinking about what could possibly happen when the clock strikes twelve at midnight - Perhaps I'd finally feel the whole impact of RJ life coming down on me and I'd squash myself flat out of all that pressure, but no, thankfully it was a very nice day spent!
And well I went walking around raffles place again; despite hanging around the area for two months everyday as a result of dance lessons there, I hadn't really explored the place fully. Though I've found lots of interesting places over the past few months, like nice restaurants, random shops, and fountains and swings, including a secret garden altogether. I've walked from raffles place to the esplanade, clarke quay, chinatown, tanjong pagar and many other places - and well this time I walked further past tanjong pagar all the way to the red dot design museum, and a little further up ahead to the maxwell hawker centre before taking a long walk back.
And then amidst painful, long decisions and alot of laughter, a decision was made to go to kallang and find the new leisure park that has just opened. And finally after what seemed like half an hour of exploration in the sun to try and find a way to the national stadium from the train station, the mall was found!
The next hour was spent iceskating, trying to adjust to the ice after years spent walking on the warm hard ground - and along the entire hour I was learning how to skate backwards, but I did so very horribly even with a lot of tutoring and (unauthorized hahaha) coaching! And I watched in wonder, as this certain single pro swished around, crossing feet, skated backwards effortlessly and spun gracefully. The hour left me with two searing blisters but all the fun made it worth :D
Over a nice pastamania lunch, I came to realize how things in life were simpler than I'd usually think them to be, and it made me realize too how the new year can be so free and happy without many burdens that I could've been holding. And it was then that I discovered for real - truly nothing was broken, and that everything's still all bright and hopeful.
And I'm really thankful, for year 2007, at long last. The last day of the year made whatever seemed wrong, seem right again. And I know that in this year I grew much more than all the other years put together - well not in physical height, sadly! - but in terms of being the best person I want to be, I've gotten closer.
Well, to top it all off, after a really really nice chinatown dinner I went to Kevin's house under invitation of Cheryl for a countdown party! And spent the final few hours of the year playing table soccer (and failing at defending the goal), and spending quite a while sitting together and talking about everything. Half the group left us alone to play outside haha but it was fun, anyhow!
The full group's not here, but well it's just some of us, feeling high and happy to the new year!

Soon after midnight passed we lighted the sparklers away and tried to set up a big bonfire with the non-flammable popper remnants. Best hahaha.


That was pretty much about it - spent the last few minutes there hammering tennis on the Wii and getting thrashed by Kevin on his very own table soccer machine. And I spent this New Year's Day resting, thinking about what has happened, and what's going to happen in the next few days.
May 2008 be a greater year, as I pin on this badge for the final two years. I'm going to strive for all that's worth, and all that I live for. Onward, Raffles.

Well see you all guys and girls in RJ tomorrow and have fun! Cheers to BW08 :D
|