tagboard +
jonlim;




friends&links;

aarongoh adrielchang alicia andrea anna annie anzhen april arathi arina audrey bentan biquan bryanchia catherine chaiping charlyn cheryllynn chrisanda chrisfang claire danialhakim danny daryl denise edison edwyna farhana gabrieltong geraldine geri guowei haozhi hiokhong hiutung huiwen isabella janan jane japheth jasmine jeremy jiacong jiahao jiahao jianxiong jongoh joycegoh karliang kartik katrina kevinquah kexin kieranrc leroy linan louis lydia marcus mariel marvin mathan matthias minzhe moneyfaces mrpaullim nabil nigel norman pamela portfolio qiwen renhao reuben robinson royce ruiling ruixin ryan sadikin samantha samy santriani serene shangxuan shanzhi shawnlee shawnneo shikai siyi surya tagboard tami tammy theodore timchow timothy tingzhang tom valerie vinna vivian walter wangting weihan weiling weisheng weiting wenjian willzhang xiangying xintian yanhan yewei yongjian yongkong yuda yuze zeslene
archives;

1. HAZE - The comic series part 1
2. HAZE - The comic series part 2
3. Script Check!
4. Prospects of Boxing!
5. Career Prospects!
6. Mirrors! Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter

Sunday, January 27

College life has been really really fun but it's also equally hectic and hence I haven't had the time to post much. Compared to RI there's so many more things happening at any one time in RJ and that's really great for there's no moment which you have nothing to do - well any other boring moment's just filled either with nice and warm talk or plain studying. So it all falls nicely together :D

Sadly I realized I've lost my habit of taking photos wherever I go; in the very process of losing that habit I've pretty much run out of photos to go into every single post of this blog. Still there's a lot I can talk about!

Main events of this week include the release of the HCL O's results, street dance orientation and BW house outing Anone@Botanic!

HCL O'S RESULTS

Well essentially, this was what I was doing before the release of the HCL O level results on wednesday afternoon.

Photobucket

Haha was having a very delicious lunch at Pastamania, together with Daniel, Neo, Slau and Danny. Before lunch I was in rj since 7am in the morning and all the J2s I knew were wondering why I was there considering J1s had no lessons that day. But oh well since I am an RI guy and all that RI guys need to do is to simply walk 5 metres across from RJ back to our alma mater, we decided that there wasn't any reason to organize old-schoolmate lunches and outings before the release of results. And so I studied with daniel until lunch.

And during lunch we were pseudo-freaking out about the prospect of our results, wondering what would happen if we didn't get the marks we expected, and stuff. But in the end I guess we realized that our apprehension can never be compared to that of the rj people receiving the full O level results - all their ten subjects and everything, and that we ourselves should feel silly for feeling so scared over one single subject that can't really possibly determine much of our future, in a sense.

I was expecting a C6 or a D7 myself, so basically I was just prepared to take any result as long as I don't have to re-take chinese in RJ!

And then we returned back to RI, met old friends (we see them in RJ anyway), and well, got back our papers.

It's freaky how people can start wailing and breaking down from the point their slips are returned to them. It's scary. But I guess it's understandable. Especially for people who have high expectations, or have high expectations placed on them. And even more so for those who've been striking gold for HCL all year long and what they see on their result slip is far from what they have thought to receive.

I am happy for my results - far from that D7 I possibly expected so yay :D

But well I feel the pain that a lot of people went through. And it's really quite hard to try to make people feel better especially when their unsatisfactory results are right there in front of them - and many of us guys were wondering what exactly we could say or do just to help our friends out. But I guess we just had to be there for everyone.

Well any release of test results, always ends in disappointment, for there will always be cases of failure, perhaps not even clear-cut fails, but a failure to reach one's expectations. And spirits are always dampened no matter how high people might get. And sometimes I don't even see the point in having examinations except to retain that bit of academic tradition. But I guess it's always somewhat necessary. Oh well.

To people who have suffered disappointment in any way - HCL is hardly an accurate gauge of how our academics standards are like. Far from it. It only shows us if we need to re-take it in JC so that we have that certain bit of foundation in us. It's not even an accurate measure of how good we are for certain careers - take China businesses for an example. Because ultimately if we are ever going to be good at chinese we're going to have to live chinese through our lives and not just at that very point of time before the exams. So you might feel sad for the moment but never let it affect you. To geri - I hope you're fine!

STREET DANCE ORIENTATION

I was waiting patiently the entire week for street orientation to arrive, on Friday!

And it was really fun :D Considering we did have to dance in the midsts of our station games and stuff! Especially the cipher part where I had the chance to try a dance battle again. It's just so fun freestyling.

Well I'm quite hooked on street genres for now - been suffering withdrawal everytime I spend too long without grooving to any single beat and I'll go into spasms of waves and pops and whatnot. Pretty much weird, yes. My class has been suffering under me lately -.- but haha it's fun!

Street orientation ended at 6.30 and I continued with my popping session with Josh until about 8 plus before I stopped, rested awhile, then headed home. Was too tired to do anything after that and I crashed horribly till 11.45 before I decided that I should really go to bed, and well I did!

BW HOUSE OUTING - ANONE@BOTANIC!

Today after a hiphop session at Studio Wu, I met up with what seemed like a huge portion of t'akbolehtahan and went to the botanic gardens for the BW house outing!

And we're still the coolest OG ever la - turning up with a huge portion of our OG whereas others were their OG's sole representatives. Or the most they had was 3-5 people thereabouts. And we had it free and easy! Played touchrug frisbee captsball and loads of other games before we left the place for dinner!

And we spent close to about 2 hours randoming away at the plaza sing foodcourt joking and joking and joking about possibly everything under the sun and we laughed away like crazy la. Aiyah haha rocks :D I reached home around ten fifty and I didn't get into trouble so that's a happy thing!

Ah I'm so tired. I need to study tomorrow. And I need to post more too. If I can, that is!