|
This week has been rather fun-filled. But yet again I think my photo-taking habit is pretty much gone so I'm only left with a bare few to post here!
Monday was pleasantly nice; being our very first monday with protected time (for non-rj students, it simply means we start school at 9.30am instead of 7.40am if we don't have any enrichment programmes in the morning!), t'akbolehtahan went for PRATA BREAKFAST at prata house! And we had a lot of fun enjoying the morning atmosphere and joking non-stop :D
Every monday's a pretty relaxed day for me as I have about 2 lessons plus student development. So lessons-wise I had nothing much to catch up on. Training came in the form of my very first time trial for the year - a 300m time trial, and I clocked about 41.9 seconds - at my utter disappointment for there had to be a time which I could clock a sub-40 and that time should be now because for 4 years I haven't gotten around to breaking that 40 barrier! But oh well I can train, still. Aaron just thrashed the trial la he clocked 38.5 on his very first time trial! Congrats :D
I think after these few months from the end of last year's nationals, my speed has dropped a lot. Or rather, perhaps the RJ trackers are just a world apart from the RI trackers in the sense that those who're in the RJ team now are really going to achieve big. There are big winners in RI too but I believe not as many, honestly. And through every training I feel that it's a lot tougher here with so many faster people but it's good training nevertheless!
Tuesday was the usual killer day in my week, with 5 lectures back to back and 2 tutorials after lunch, and were we simply glad to tide over it all after everything ended. After school I had my very first street instructor session which was pretty relaxed, having easy but really fun dance steps so that was another dance-filled day :D AND THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY - HAHA DAD ORDERED AN IPOD TOUCH FOR ME!
I wonder since when have I run out of things to post about, till the point where I have to recount my days one by one -.- but never mind I think there's something interesting every day so I can post this way too! Wednesday was essentially plain studying, pretty normal to do so already and I think I like this pace and automatic knack of going to the library whenever I have at least an hour to read up on things! Shall continue to do so whenever I'm free!
Thursday was a physical killer. It started with PE in the morning where we had to do our mini napfa trial - 2.4km, standing broad jump and chin-ups back to back, for the first time in my life! And I didn't do too badly, though I fell back about 20 seconds for 2.4km from last year, and my chin-ups and broad jump had lots to work on. There and then I was wondering about how at one point of time last year I was actually training 5 days a week and sleeping at 9am 9pm (i wrote 9am at first haha. thank you ruiyong for reading so detailedly!) everyday for the sake of my nationals, and what I'm doing now simply pales in comparison. I guess there's a total shift of how my commitments are like, perhaps. And I'll continue to work hard, in all ways possible.
Well thursday wasn't a physical killer for nothing. During training I had to do 2x300m, 2x200m and 2x150m all back to back and I was just in a jawdrop state when coach gave me my training runs. It was crazy but yay I survived! And didn't do badly too :D And henceforth I got back home safely, opened the front door and...
HAHA IT HAD ARRIVED! AND IT'S GORGEOUS AND SLEEK!



That made my day, but sadly I was distracted by it and went on to explore the iPod until it was near midnight; I then realized that I had math to do and quickly finished it up before I crashed and dozed into eternity for the next morning.
Which I woke up to with red eyes. Haha. For the fact that it was the last schooling day of the week I was pretty much trying to survive through the final few lessons. I didn't survive the studying session in the library in lieu of training. And during training I thought I'd have it better since the previous day's training was tough but haha I had to do 5x150m with all the crazy fast guys - left me in quite a lactic state but I survived! And went for dinner with t'akbolehtahan :D
Now I'm here, up rather early, since about 8+am and I'm going to clear up all my work since there's a 2-hour dance session today + a service exhibit at J8 which all the j1s need to attend! Hope everyone's enjoying their days :D
|