tagboard +
jonlim;




friends&links;

aarongoh adrielchang alicia andrea anna annie anzhen april arathi arina audrey bentan biquan bryanchia catherine chaiping charlyn cheryllynn chrisanda chrisfang claire danialhakim danny daryl denise edison edwyna farhana gabrieltong geraldine geri guowei haozhi hiokhong hiutung huiwen isabella janan jane japheth jasmine jeremy jiacong jiahao jiahao jianxiong jongoh joycegoh karliang kartik katrina kevinquah kexin kieranrc leroy linan louis lydia marcus mariel marvin mathan matthias minzhe moneyfaces mrpaullim nabil nigel norman pamela portfolio qiwen renhao reuben robinson royce ruiling ruixin ryan sadikin samantha samy santriani serene shangxuan shanzhi shawnlee shawnneo shikai siyi surya tagboard tami tammy theodore timchow timothy tingzhang tom valerie vinna vivian walter wangting weihan weiling weisheng weiting wenjian willzhang xiangying xintian yanhan yewei yongjian yongkong yuda yuze zeslene
archives;

1. HAZE - The comic series part 1
2. HAZE - The comic series part 2
3. Script Check!
4. Prospects of Boxing!
5. Career Prospects!
6. Mirrors! Free Web Site Counters
Hit Counter

Saturday, March 15

RCLF took up one whole post earlier, if you want to read it just scroll down!

And well here are the rest of the stuff that's been happening! Ah come to think of it I really do enjoy it when I'm busy - I've been like that since years ago. Simply can't stand being free and having nothing to do for a single moment, and RJ rocks for the fact that there's always something to do at any moment! Well comparing now to the holidays back then in November-December last year, it's much crazier and more fun!

Hmm where shall I start. Ah yes.

LAST DAY OF TERM 1

The last day of the term (which was a nice Wednesday leaving shanzhi in utter jealousy when I popped by RI on thursday morning and telling him in the process!) took the form of a funnily weirdly worrying econs test, lit week registration and another Chulalongkorn lunch with some people from A01C, and tingzhang!

And I tried the beef kway teow at ThaiExpress this time, much to my delight (since I've been having nothing but Khao Kluk Kapi Kung all the times I've had meals there) and we just joked nonstop through the entire lunch, calling Ng Jia Hao who was staring in all directions looking for whoever called him randomly, and so much other random stuff! And Tingzhang forced me to take this photo because this bears resemblance to my entity.

And this is my good friend Lime, because I'm JonLimes! Ftw.

Photobucket

And shortly after that I proceed back to school to hang around. Apparently I planned to watch a movie after school since it was the last day of the term but oh well no one could really make it so I went back! And stayed around the canteen catching friends pass by and waiting for people to finish Interhouse Chess. Congrats to Tue and his team for winning Gomoku haha!

At some point I met Ben Khoo and Amelia and we spent a big portion of the afternoon joking away! Plus Amelia bought this set of stickers from the RI popular bookstore (I have no idea why'd they sell these) and I had the honour of sticking numerous faces of many expressions on my notebook. And slowly a story was formed! Haha such boredom but I think it's quite funny!

Photobucket

I eventually went home, after doing abit of math, meeting many friends passing through / staying around the canteen, and having a lot of laughs :D

BLACK COMEDY AND LIGHT TRAGEDIES

After the second day of RCLF ended in the evening, I rushed off with the A01C people to Clarke Quay to catch the play Black Comedy and Light Tragedies! It was quite an eye-opener considering I'm so new to lit (haven't done it since sec2) and it was my very first time catching a play of this sort with the exception of Dramafeste productions in RI and RJ. And it was wholesomely awesome! Especially Black Comedy which was really superb - irony, paradoxes, sarcasm, satire all packed together in a great play which had excellent actors weaving their way around in the bright light of darkness!

The quote of the night - 'Here I go, from the light of art, into the dark of science!' by Shuppanzigh, the electricity man in Black Comedy, as he ironically stepped from the darkness of the room after supposedly singing praises for a sculpture, into the basement where the electricity fuses lay and he had to fix them!

Everyone should go watch it, or at least read up on Black Comedy :D

And here's the A01C people who went for the play! Outside the SRT, after everything ended!

Photobucket

FUN SUNDAY - THE RAIN, THE MUD, THE PASTA!

RCLF was essentially RCLF Day Three - but only meant for the international delegates and liaison officers! For they had a tour around the different heritage centres in Singapore. As for me I went out with my family and the fun trio Gladys Kevin Sheryl again! We went cycling around Pasir Ris Park - in the pouring rain! And we got all drenched but that was where the fun came from! We were originally headed for Escape but due to the rain we realized we couldn't do much. Anyway it was a morning well spent :D

The second half of the day was spent at Kallang Leisure Park where we bowled and shopped quite a bit! For dinner I took my brother, Kevin and Sheryl to Pastamania (sitting in the same wonderful seat I sat in, on the last day of 2007 :D) and we had a ball of a time, ordering what seemed like huge mounds of pasta and bread. It was quite a spread I realize, when four people order pasta and put them altogether!

Photobucket

And here they are going away at their rubbish antics! Made it quite a funny dinner hahaha!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pastamania is a great place for meals! I'm not paid to do any publicity honestly haha yeah I'm being honest - for I've spent many meals having my favourite dishes with my favourite friends - brings back nice memories over the past year, brings back colourful evenings and great conversations. Anything's possible, with a creamy chicken or a carbonara and lots of cheese!

BWINTER-OGLYMPICS FILMING!

While I was resting my flu away and waiting for myself to get into a suitable condition for the rest of RCLF, I watched away as the BWinter OGlympics Pub Comm worked away at the filming for their podcasts! Credit to pub-comm for such a wonderful idea!

Here is Director Linan pulling it off with aplomb!

Photobucket

And EMPEROR SEETOW reliving the graduation night times in his indian punjabi suit!

Photobucket

And to all J1 (or even J2!) Bayley-Waddleans, await this grand event coming your way :D More details will be released soon!

Photobucket

SYAFIQ'S BIRTHDAY / T'AKBOLEHTAHAN LUNCH!

Yesterday was Syafiq's birthday, and we had an OG lunch using the $30 worth of vouchers which we funnily won from O2! It was quite crazy, joking through all the way, having delicious pasta (Long live pasta la seriously!) and a giant earthquake to top it all off! Sadly some of us weren't here, would've been much more fun if everyone was there to have lunch!

Happy Birthday Syafiq! And no I couldn't get him on a photo.

Photobucket

And here's the wonderful giant earthquake we had - lots of chocolate plus a few exotic flavours, most of which were pretty much to syafiq's liking :D

Photobucket

That was pretty much what happened over the past week - today I had quite an unfruitful training, since the past few days' worth of fever set me back by quite a bit. I don't think I'm game enough to go for SPH relays too. Will see how it goes! I spent the rest of the afternoon studying with tingzhang and his classmates tami, alicia and kok. Had quite a fun time but I seriously need to read up more on history.

The holiday's ending! Actually I don't see it as much of a holiday so it's alright. It's more of a little buffer time between the past term and this coming one, for us to catch up if we need to, and to give ourselves that space to expose ourselves to things outside the academic curriculum, like RCLF.

Term 2 looms ahead and it's indeed quite scary because the main bulk of academic work will come crashing down our throats mercilessly - or what I would like to think! So I've been desperately trying to read up and get myself prepared for what's to come - though most of how i will do will be decided through my own effort when it really comes I guess. Well term 2 is a term full of decisions to make, and challenges to take up.

The main question here which I need to ask myself is: What does RJ mean to me, why am I in it? These two years are going to pass blindly fast, no doubt about that - but it's a choice whether I want to continue living two more years' worth of time in a Raffles family or I want to whizz by these two years not feeling or doing a thing, and considering what I've been doing for the past four years, it is obvious to myself that I'd definitely take the former.

As Miss Sim said to us new Sec Ones in 2004, as part of her brainwash movement - What colour is our blood? It's Green Black White, and I can never disagree. I need to constantly remind myself that I was in RI for a reason, and now I'm in RJ for a reason - to give my best, and nothing short of my best. That way I'll know that I've put in my all, and I'll know what it tastes like, and I'll know and have what it takes to pit myself against all these challenges, no matter how daunting.

It is scary somewhat, though I am probably exaggerating the whole scale of things. But yes term 2 comes my way and I shall charge ahead!