|
Today was, simply, a really long day - I was in school from 7.30am onwards for RI Founder's Day till evening for council workplan! I don't have much photos to show here about anything in particular, but I just want to say a few stuff before I go and recharge myself for the week ahead.
There I was, sitting in the RI albert hong hall, in an rj blazer (and with new hair, to everyone's amazement haha), remembering and going back to those days where I was simply just honoured to even step into the RI campus. I can say that in primary school I didn't entertain much thoughts about studying anywhere near here until I saw for myself what I was going to be in for.
And this choice I made, I will never regret. I feel utterly grateful that I have a chance to be part of this tradition, part of the yearly legacies in these one hundred and eighty-five years of RI's history. Raffles Institution has not only taught me a lot, but has shown me a lot, and given me a lot as well, and I can only stand looking at how far it's come and feel proud to play just a part of it.
Today was my very last Founder's Day, but it was indeed the most meaningful. Despite the sleepy mood I was in, I did not miss out a bit of the tradition that was preserved all these years, especially distinctly in my 4 years in RI itself. I felt that Paul's speech was great - allowing us to remember the various things we've gone through together and making these 4 years seem all too worthwhile.
Haha I realized I've been rambling on and on about RI for the past 3 years, not just this post alone. And I'll never get bored of it. It's been my second home for the past 4 years, and I do agree when all the old rafflesians say that it could very well be the best 4 years of our lives - I can see why, now. Will never forget these times where we were old, but we were still boys, and we ran around all day striving for what we thought was the best thing to do and we stuck to our goals till the very end, not worrying about growing up nor worrying about making mistakes.
We hung around for a while, enjoying our time catching up with teachers, friends, pb mates, and slowly proceeded to council workplan for the rest of the day :D
And I can see where we are going! It's going to be really exciting, tough nevertheless, but really really happening :D We only have a year and we are going to make this year count, I repeat again! This is really going to be exciting!
Monday to Thursday will be CCAL camp and we're going to camp in the jungles of bintan so here we goooo! Will post after that, pretty soon :D
|