I went to the Esplanade library to study with Kevin Boo today and it was one of my most productive study days over the course of this month - we just silently fought along our subjects and covered them like crazy. I finished 2 econs topics, essay structure and now I can say that I've officially finished the subject in terms of content! Now I just have to rush essays all over :D
It's been a really nice day, I loved the esplanade libary and all that productivity, and Kevin Boo was actually focussing so hard right there beside me, all silent and unwavering haha!
Unfortunately my brain just couldn't get to work after I got home (which usually seems to be the case, sadly) so I couldn't get around to covering more for other subjects. Which is a horrible excuse because there's always the option to sit down nicely, focus and push everything else aside just for the sake of my targets and goals.
No more subconscious excuses. This final week of studying will be the best week of studying I've ever had, and I will make it count even more! No empty words, no starry sky-high tall-order targets - just me sitting down and mugging steady.
Anyway before I turn in and recharge myself for tomorrow, here is a little introduction on this little british boy called George Sampson. He is fourteen this year, and he participated in Britain's Got Talent 2008, and subsequently became the overall champion of the competition.
Here's a video of his semi-finals performance, oh my sunny day he's a really amazing dancer and he's only FOURTEEN omg.
But what appealed to me most wasn't his incredible talent (man I really wish I could dance like that; I'm 17, I do popping and I'm not even halfway there!), nor his triumph in the talent show. It was how he fought his way to get there on that stage, and how he danced as if it was the very last dance of his life.
What happened was that George tried out for Britain's Got Talent 2007 last year and he made it past the auditions really easily, but failed to get into the semi-finals. And over the year he slogged like mad, practising and practising and even going into town to give random public performances right there on the pavements. He did all he did for two things - for the love of dance, and to give his family a better life. And omgg he's only fourteen and he has the determination and grit which lots of full-grown adults can only dream of having.
The other performances were great too - but what made George outshine the rest was the very fact that it cost him so much more than what it cost others to get there on that very stage, and the best thing was that he was willing to take it up and put in everything he's got.
This may be a superficial reality TV programme and this may be superficially from YouTube, but well it's worth drawing strength from something so mundane!