|
It's seriously been quite a while since i've last posted! Gah.
But no worries; today i happily finished two essay outlines in one hour so all this efficiency has allowed me to post, finally! Loads (AND REALLY LOADS) of stuff have been happening over the past week, and what's more, IHC SPORTS SEASON 2008 WILL START TOMORROW :D
Expect loads of fun over these few weeks leading up to national day celebrations! Many many sports and games to play and IF YOU'RE A BAYLEY WADDLEAN, PLEASE GO PLAY SOMETHING! I bet your bottom dollar we're going to win this year's championship. We'd better!! BW has the best people we can possibly ask for and now this is the time we come together and show everyone what we're made of!
Watch out for us tomorrow, for we'll be the brightest, shiniest, gloriously the first.
Hmm now on to previous happenings. This is really late but yes this year's swim finals was the best finals Raffles could possibly have! ROYAL FLUSH CLEAN SWEEP OF SIX TITLES HAHA NOW WE'RE REALLY TALKING. What's more i think some of us were worried that with jiahao and tzekang absent from the nationals because of their international swim races, we would have a tough time, but no! Things turned out the smoothest they could in the end!

Tingzhang in the griffles suit again. He was so so glad that Griffles made it to the straits times! And he really did a good job out there dancing away in the heat and high of the Raffles victory!

Let's all hope next year's another clean sweep for us eh? :D
Two saturdays ago some of us attended the 2008 UNAS seminar; it got a little dry at times but pretty much quite an insightful session in the end! Of course it ended with pretty much of a bang when the RJC team with Anish and Darren in it took home the gold :D Congrats guys!

Last monday, after a huge day jampacked with meetings, I finally managed to find my way to the esplanade just in time to catch ruiling and her band J.RED play at the concourse. It's seriously really crazily cool la to be able to perform publicly like this! And they pulled it off very well, with Jon Ho's thumps on his bass guitar during his solo because his guitar wasn't working properly. And from what I heard he played twinkle twinkle little star in between too hahaha they're all super pro!

LAST WEDNESDAY - TRACK FINALS! Sadly this year I arrived at the stadium not as a runner, but that's okay because all the trackers are there and I was happily there to remember what I've kept so close to for the past 4 years! And RJC GUYS TOOK HOME THE GOLD THIS IS SUCH A HAPPY THING.
I can never forget the line of colourful streaming banners from various schools draped across the line of houses opposite the stadium! Every single year, it never changes.

I can never forget Kong's wonderful Rafflesian hairdo!

I can never forget waving our giant motherbanner about at the final prize presentation!

I'll never forget all these defining moments when our flag is high up there, untouched anywhere.

Last week ended with a really crazy friday+saturday with meetings filling up every single meeting from the time my lessons ended! But yay I've survived successfully and now this week is going to cruise through strongly and we're all making things happen. It was really really fun especially when O'Comm went for dinner before going to xiangying's house to finalize the list of O'Teamers!
Splendid sights like Chengwen here reliving his childhood. Fantastically classic!

There we have it :D wonderful wonderful week it was. And sometimes the best thing which we can all do is to just appreciate our lives and feel good for the present. I am a 28th, and I have less than a year to do whatever I want to do for Raffles, and less than a year really sounds scary, just like how it sounded really scary when we were all sec 4 and we realized that our time was up, back then. This will not end in regret but will end in contentment, and will end in passion.
Keep things simple and bright, that's how I'm going to live it! The rain will always fall but if we all stick together like car panes they won't hit us at all! Doesn't make sense haha but yes.

Jiayou everyone, AND BAYLEY WADDLE FOR THE WIN TOMORROW AND BEYOND!
|