|
I've returned a few hours ago from SYINConnect 2008, and even though it was a one-day conference, I think i took away three days' worth of stuff out of this very single day!

Things were pretty interesting the moment I reached republic polytechnic; being a volunteer meant that I had to be there at 7am early in the morning! And plus I had to take another workshop group, and it was about sanitation. And soon I realized that Mr Jack Sim would be speaking in the sanitation workshop and well it wasn't disappointing at all in any bit - Mr Jack Sim is a brilliant speaker with brilliant ideas. Actually all the speakers I've listened to today were brilliant - the best line of speakers any conference could have!


Really interesting - new insights here and there with thought-provoking speeches and plenaries. This wasn't just a talkshow conference where the whole day ended with nothing much learnt and absorbed. This was Relevant, where young budding social changemakers and accomplished social workers all came together to share their perspectives and insights. This sounds like an advertisement but nooooo seriously! :D
And at the ideas noticeboard today, I stumbled across this, and it really made a lot of sense:

Very true, no? Make sure everyone is important to you! Then you won't lose sight of every single person who's been responsible for who you are and what you live for, today.
Well, on the other stuff which has happened over the past week, STARTING WITH IHC!
This week marked the start of the 2008 IHC sports season, and well it's been really exciting, of course especially with BW at the top still, 'tis a sign we're going nowhere but up! ALL THE WAY BAYLEY WADDLEEE!
Check out the CCAD megastructure - it's the coolest thing around seriously, making the canteen area look like a mini times square thing! Of course with the champion house at the top, things can't get any cooler eh :D

Banners have been hung as well and this is the first time ever that IHC's become so major. This is fantasticccc.

BW Banner Week continued over these few days, working on claire chew's masterpiece - I say BW has the best artists, and generally the best people around!

IHC Record-Breaking Games was a little section of the IHC opening day whereby anyone could drop by to break a small record or two! Here we have darts and fastest smser - together with a very unique and quirky sms text template!


And of course, with fun random things happening like this intense game of Hodge Lodge table tennis between merrill and slau. Was seriously totally craziness as the balls kept flying about. But it was super funny! But yes remember; no more table tennis in the lodge!

AND WOW THE COMMZD NOTICEBOARD IS A BOMB :D

This following week will only get more happening! But of course yesss I have to settle my awesomely tedious history term paper by this weekend. Keep going everyone!
|