|
Yay yesterday was wonderful - rj celebrated national day with 43VER 2008 :D
Undoubtedly and most certainly, this celebration was the best of all the natday celebrations I've experienced throughout my entire life. The actual NDPs don't even come close! With all your friends around you, and thousands of people all squeezed into a pretty cosy venue singing and partying into the night, nothing will ever come close :D
Hahah it was seriously so so fun! Especially when it was in huge contrast to what we were expecting, because of the heavy rain and disappointing weather. Originally we had planned for it to be an outdoor concert, and we had gotten a stage and a crazily pro sound system set up on the field, ready for everyone to rock into the night; but because of the downpour which happened just right before we wanted to start the concert, we had to move the concert into the hall.
But yes as many said, it was a disguised blessing for the excitement of thousands of us was contained in that very small hall which we thought could never fit more than a cohort into it! And everyone went high went we released the lightsticks and giant beachballs - together with great emcees and great performances, it was just perfect. I'm just really really glad it went so much better than how we thought it'd turn out.
And I'm really really glad to be part of the organizing team for nat day - knowing that we have the capability to pull off such a crazily high event such as this, I couldn't have asked for a better function committee :D WELL DONE NDOT! WELL DONE TAMMY AND RAJEEV YOU GUYS ARE THE BOMB FOR HOLDING OUT STRONG TILL THE END! And yes hahah i'm officially 43verstruck and the 43ver won't subside until a long while later :D
And what do you know, BAYLEY WADDLE'S OVERALL CHAMPIONS FOR 2008. CLEAN STREAK SINCE RI OKAY LET'S GO YELLOWWWWW BAYLEY WADDLE FTW!
Photos, photos! Here they are!

Rajeev and tingzhang after hanging up the lift landing banner. We've gone crazy.

This, is the stage which we've spent a huge huge bomb on but failed to use it due to the horrible rain, but NO WORRIES WE HAD IT BETTER IN THE HALL!

A very colourful morning assembly! Thanks paul for helping me take the photo!

Griffles caught the 43ver too! Hahah yay I think the whole publicity concept went very well :D

And yes, 43verish tingzhang under all those uh, feathers!

NIGHT CONCERT - STREET DANCERS ROCK!
The high hasn't left me even when today's been just a deadslack day! It's been really dreary and weary due to yesterday's last rush of energy before I went home and collapsed into utter dreamless sleep and waking up few hours later feeling very happy hahah. Well it's thanks to every single person who attended nat day - you've contributed to the high and you've contributed to the fun. THANK YOU!
43VER 2008. Spontaneous, exhilarating, fun; Brilliant. I've caught the 43ver, yes including the real thing in the midsts of planning hahah!

Okay now, fully on to today. It's been one of those lazy days again but I guess it happens for a reason. Soon I'll spring back into action after having had my portion of rest. And today left me some space to open up my mind too, and I realize that these days have left me pretty uptight and wanting to shoot the stars a tad too much, to the point that I trip over and I've become less of what I am. But no, that won't happen! A huge strong reminder to myself; to stay focussed and happy for what I've gone through; live for the moment, act for the future, because of your duty to the past.
Nothing less than of your very best, now. I'll never forget that, anywhere.
|