|
The Day The World Stopped To Run.
Was a really really great day! It started off with studying with tingzhang, zhixian, isaac, nat, chenyang and amelia at raffles city starbucks which got me considerably far into math :D

Tingzhang scolded me for buying STEAMED MILK in starbucks. Eh what's wrong la NO COFFEE ON RACE DAY OKAY.
It was quite funny at first when zhixian came in the morning in her race shirt, the one with the number tag on it. Then tingzhang and i went around creating analogies of how it was quite a funny thing to do: 1. It's similar to how your promos exam paper starts at 3pm but you're in the classroom at 9am with your pens and pencils and paper all laid out nicely and you're there shouting I'M READY MAN. 2. It's similar to how you have a track race at 5pm but you're walking into the MRT train at 7am with your spikes on and you're already wearing a jersey and running shorts. 3. It's similar to how the nike run starts at 4.15pm but at a time like 11am you're there at the starting line with a nice runner's poise, ready to run.
Okay zhixian got quite annoyed BUT NO OKAY IT'S QUITE COOL LAH.
Then nat arrived and we realized that she bought durians for isaac but it really started to stink the area -.- so hoho got a big scolding when he arrived and eventually they all ran around eating durians outside :D
And yes so we studied and studied. And eventually we left for lunch around sometime past noon! Soon lots and lots of councillors and friends arrived and we left for the race venue!

And after that I deposited my bag, so no more photos haha.
It was a rather interesting race - considering I haven't really trained for ages and ages, this seemed like a huge challenge to me in terms of holding out and surviving the whole long distance. I do sprints and so I tend to go quite fast at the start and try to hold out towards the end, but due to a lot of bottlenecks during the run I wasn't really able to cover much distance in a short time at the start!
Then slowly and gradually we ran from the esplanade bridge to the edges of marina bay and back again to the esplanade bridge. By that time I was feeling quite fresh and wondering if it's possibly because I'm running with all my friends, that I'm feeling so relaxed by the end of this 10km run. But no I was just deceiving myself - we took a turn from the esplanade bridge and into the pavements near the singapore river and boat quay areas!
And I passed by really familiar and memorable places like raffles place and boat quay, including the really confusing mall CENTRAL and the 90-step stairway to the train station hahah. By then I was really dying like a mad dog. My left leg was numbing up for some funny reason so I had to drag it along occasionally which put a lot of strain on my right leg. And not to mention, there were loads of deceiving endpoints. Like halfway along the boat quay stretch there was this giant patch of a big red wall, and I mistook it for the endpoint so I did some sprintamajig and died just there and then.
Eventually I finished the 10k in 61 minutes. Hahah I'm satisfied, considering that there were many bottlenecks, and I haven't been training much too. But the most bugger thing which happened was that my right leg somehow gave way to the old injuries - it swelled quite a bit even though I couldn't have possibly sprained it, and I pulled my muscles. Tingzhang reckons it's the last stretch sprint but oh well it left me limping for a few hours! And I had to walk around like a snail ):
But it was fun :D The concert rocked, especially those bits where they threw ipod nanos freely into the audience and got us all high and excited. It's quite sad ah considering how we only got high from the ipod nanos. Singapore's true culture hahaha but never mind we did get high all the same! AND JAPHETH CAUGHT AN IPOD NANO YAYYYY WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A COUNCIL NANO SOON!
And we left for dinner shortly afterwards - we ate at Shokudo, my first time there and omg this is like the best eating place I've ever seen. We stayed till quite late and we got a little high so we took lots of photos!

NAT ROCKS! She is a bugger who barley-bombed me and took away my watermelon drink but no she is a life-saver!

TINGZHANGGG thanks for helping me so much with the pulled muscle and everything else. I owe you lots and lots! Life-saver :D

Boss and hoho!

Reliving the concert moments. Wahhh I love 28ths we rock we rock :D
Today's such a nice day, and a really good way to ease ourselves into a huge mugging lock-down! Ahhh we should seriously have more of these cool stuff :D I LOVE TODAY. I LOVE 28THS.
Okay. Huge lockdown with math and econs tomorrow. This is it.
|