|
This is some crazy day - a while ago it was just 10am in the morning and now look what time it is! Another one of those days where time just races past despite having so many things to complete. Gah things are not going good with draining focus and crazy fatigue! But no worries at all; NAT DAY CELEBS ARE THIS WEEK AND THEY WILL ROCK :D
I haven't posted since a week ago! So here are the many many things that have been happening!
IHC has been a blast so far, with most of the sports kicking in this week with touch rugby, volleyball, floorball, track and lots others! BAYLEY WADDLE STILL REIGNS (we broke the hundred point barrier haha!) SO YAY ROCK ON BW!

This, according to ziyao's fanclubbers, is the best photo on the IHC photoboard!

Tough rugby IHC! Which BW got first for! BW all the wayyy!

Volleyball IHC which BW got first for too!

Our wonderfully nice banner hung at the best spot in the canteen! BW CHAMPIONS FOR THE WINN.
Haha and of course the champion photo of the entire IHC season: Okay this was originally banned by boss so I shall make it a little smaller!
HAHA boss ah this was endorsed by vinna! Don't blame me!
And yes about track IHC: I rushed down for 400m heats after a long day of lessons which ended at 4.10pm, and then proceeded to warm up and do the usual before any race. Over the past few days, I've been training every single day in hopes of me possibly having some semblance of a comeback but I figured that it'd be quite a miracle if it happened and I ran 56 seconds on my first 400m run since last year's july.
So yeah eventually I finished the round in one minute flat. Which seriously is quite horrible given that I used to do so much better, but well the nature of my work has changed from running and sprinting around to sitting on a couch and typing on a laptop so that extra 4 seconds had to appear somewhere! Anyway I was seriously quite surprised when tiankai first told me that I came in as the 8th qualifier. Tomorrow's the finals! Shall attempt to break the minute.
Yes apart from IHC, NATIONAL DAY IS ARRIVING!

Well that banner certainly took us a wholeee lot of effort to put up; at some point rajeev the giant almost fell out of the window and many councillors saw him dangling from the window ledge so they all scrambled to the fourth floor of the D block in front of the parade square to help him out! Thanks to all who helped! (:
FRIDAY - on friday night, the 27th and 28th councillors went to Yelin's house for P.I.M.P. (or Post Mega Invest Party)! It's considerably late, given that investiture was on 13th May last term, but well it was fun enough :D

Tingzhang and I dipped our feet into the pool and talked all evening before joining the rest for more eating and a lot of karaoke. Mingay is a really really pro rapper, I think we all got to realize that!
SATURDAY - Had a last-minute training in the morning at 7.30am upon knowing that I somehow made it into 400m finals! Which made me feel worse considering my 300m timing has dropped like crazy since those days where I used to run 3x300m intervals every training! But never mind, all in good time, will make it through for BW!
Then I went for scholarship day exhibition, and hung around the SAF booths and decided to learn a little more. Didn't really learn a lot for there've been so many scholarship exhibitions around, but anyway I'm pretty much bent on the SAF somewhat! Maybe I might change my mind, who knows, but for now it's where I see myself going!
Flipping open the air force booklet, this section reads:

Hahaha well that's if I've done very well for my A levels! Need to study harddd.
National Day Workday started after lunch and there we were having fun, painting banners, hanging banners, drawing, cutting, everything! We did a wonderful merlion banner and a giant chessboard, among the many we painted :D

And there's peng who accidentally painted his banner wrongly so for a moment it read 'THE 43VER CAN'T BE STOP' HAHAHA! He sent the whole council laughing with that!

In the evening I went to the Singapore flyer haha! I didn't realize it was actually a shopping complex, apart from the actual flyer!


We intended to catch the national day parade fireworks from the flyer itself at 8pm, but apparently we were a little too late! For the moment we stepped into the capsule, the fireworks started going off and all we could do was to snap photos of the fireworks blocked by loads and loads of metal. But eventually we did get to see some fireworks rather nicely :D
Here're some photos, showing the fireworks and an aerial view of the singapore landscape as we went higher and higher!







That was about it! Spent a really nice hearty dinner at Changing Attitudes at marina square till about ten plus before we started to head home. And I really didn't like this sunday - tomorrow will be better!
|