|
Well it wasn't exactly a better day from the lazy sunday.
Today concluded day two of IHC track and well I had to run in the 400m finals and 4x100m heats - both which I eventually did quite badly for. For the 400m I guess I was the only BWian left in the finals so what I figured I could possibly run faster a little to do BW some justice but well I guess I couldn't in the end - came in sixth.
But that didn't really matter because I was lucky enough to get into the finals anyway, considering I haven't been training and what I've been lately is just some blob of fat or something.
The worst thing about today was that I let the legend team down - the team that was supposedly said to be able to win the relays for BW because it totally swept Bayley interhouse relays for the past few years - Jerome Tom Ding and me. Today it was almost the same, with jerome tom me and andre (who eventually saved our entire race in the end by catching up so much) but I let the team down because I couldn't recover in time for the 4x100m, after having run 400m.
And so my starting was really wobbly and all the lactic was a pure hindrance la and well I think we did quite badly because of me! I'm really really sorry team. But anyway I guess lots of other BWians made up for these losses, like imba Jerome who got 4th for 800m despite having sprained his ankle, and CHAMPION FOR HIGH JUMP. And chloe who easily trounced the 200m race and despite doing triple jump for the first time, won the gold! So yeah I guess BW did do quite well.
All the wayy we're just this close to securing the title. And well for the track, I guess it's a stern reminder that after all, I haven't trained in quite a while and this is just essentially what I rightfully deserve. Not that it's a punishment or anything, but it's a matter of choices - what I really want to do in RJ, and what I have to give up as a result of it.
It's all down to the point of choice. But well sometimes when your best isn't even good enough, you know you have to take flight elsewhere. I don't like incompetence; I hate it even more when it stems from myself, but well maybe this isn't really about underperformance but it just reflects the path I took. No worries, up and on we go (:
I miss those days where I could run strongly and ever so quickly. Most of all I miss it when I could run free.

Onward, and no looking back!
|