|
I have a thing for lazy sundays. On other days of the week I'd feel incredibly useless if I'm just sitting there doing nothing, but on sundays it's a different story; I just feel at peace letting the hours crawl by.
But anyway today's not exactly a zero-activity day. I've spent the past few hours reading up online about university courses and overseas universities and once again, I'm horribly spoilt for choice and I'm more confused now than when I first started reading up this afternoon. It's very early yes and I'm one year away from my A levels but who knows I may have a stronger focus and more determination to study really hard this coming year if I know Exactly where I'm going!
One year ago, I forced myself to decide what I really wanted to do in the future, for I switched from a pure triple science combination in RI to a pure arts combi in RJ. I decided that no matter what I'm going to study, I was definitely not going into any science-related career - plus the sciences have drained me dry. English and social studies then was a really interesting thing to me and I thought, hey perhaps in sec2 I made a mistake and I'm really regretting this, I don't want to regret this anymore. I went to speak to teachers from all the humans departments and eventually I switched from a standard BCME to a HELM over the course of a few days. Perhaps it was a good thing that I had to think early, out of necessity!
So yes, I do know what I want to do, but the problem is Where, and more importantly, How.
This world is waaaaay too big. There're too many universities, too many education systems (there're too many people applying for these schools so it makes things a lot tougher too, oh the irony). Given the typical RJ mentality it's probably a US/UK thing but I guess it really is much more than just any random school in either of the two countries!
University makes a whole difference I guess; this time I'm not studying for my own good like from primary school, to secondary school and then to JC, but this time I'll be studying for society's sake. I can't imagine myself taking the path of an intellectual but rather I think I want to study something which in turn helps me live a life. So I really have to remember that.
But ultimately, apart from all these lessons courses and confusing systems, what do I really want?
I could open an ice-cream shop hahah :D TINGZHANG MAYBE YOU HAVE A BUSINESS PARTNER.
Okay back to reading.
|