|
Today we had a farewell party for the 27ths - the past two days' worth of preparation was quite worth it; everyone had a lot of light-hearted free time to kick back and relax, plus catch up with people they haven't been in touch with, and most importantly they had a lot of fun :D
One unique thing about the farewell was fortune balloons. Over the past two days I got fortune cookie messages from everywhere and wrote 130 different fortunes each on a slip of paper. These slips of paper were then put into balloons and stuck on the wall. Tonight, anyone could just walk over, pop a balloon of their choice and obtain their fortune.
It so happened that whilst preparing the fortune balloons and blowing them up, I accidentally stepped on a balloon. It was in every sense, my first popped balloon, so it was my rightfully deserved fortune! I unrolled my fortune and read it, thinking that it couldn't be much since it was one of the 130 that I wrote Myself anyway.
It read, "Be a man. Do the right thing." Yes the fortunes were all quite humourous. But eventually after the farewell I realized for myself that it was really something I ought to follow. It does make a lot of sense.
And I will follow it, for the sake of better and brighter days ahead (:
|