|
In the past week, I've learnt more than how much I've learnt for the past three years, and I'm thankful.
It started from a simple driftaway moment in class - well, it was one of the all too familiar times I drifted off in my mind (which is seriously a habit I should kick), but from dreamy thoughts in an attempt to conjure an escapade from the tense pressures of the classroom, there came simple, but huge realizations. Realizations which brought me back into class and made me focus right there and then.
I realized that I was eighteen years old only in age - I wasn't eighteen at heart, and at this time there is really a need to be fully eighteen - no more running around creating messes in the many corners of your life, no more moments where you let time and tide get the better of you. It was a very natural lesson which came to me steadily, and now that it's fully delivered, I will set my mind and heart to do what I need to do.
Every single day has its tough struggles, whether it'd be worrying for your best friend's well-being, trying to survive through lessons and wondering if you'll ever be good enough when the onslaught of the A levels arrive, or even simple but horribly grave things like trying your hand at math for hours and hours but every bit of effort put into those moments never seem to give you back anything. And you subsequently descend into thoughts of your own inherent stupidity and the list just goes on.

But yes enough whining, I should just work on things. It's about timeee.
|