I want to reserve a sole single post specially for Song&Dance.
Back then in September, when I had an option to choose a sub-comm which I wanted to join, I immediately picked Song&Dance for I knew for sure that my orientation planning days would certainly be fun-filled if I could dance and sing every day, but I can say, I totally did not expect Song&Dance to take me on a journey this magical, this exciting, this memorable.
It wasn't just merely the dance-filled meeting days and the nice song meetings we've had. It wasn't just merely meeting up a bunch of like-minded people who loved song and loved dance and hence we enjoyed ourselves. It was far beyond that, way beyond just enjoying our subcomm job scope and loving our planning days. It was a story we unfolded together.
At the parade square towards the end of O'Nite, Song&Dance sang our own written batch song for the final time with all the j1s, and when it all ended, we huddled together and we just felt wonderful for that moment - how we did an absolutely perfect spotless job over the past five days of orientation, from pulling off a wonderful o'peners item in secondary school uniforms, to teaching the batch dance and teaching it super perfectly despite time shortages and AV problems, to pulling off a stunning O'Nite final dance performance, to singing the batch song during the finale right there and then.
Hiok didn't have anything to say - but he started crying. And all of us just stood there crying and crying, at the end of one really wonderful wonderful journey which lasted half a year but now it's really all gone and ended. We are SONG AND DANCE 2008-2009. The best subcomm who did a perfect job, who loved each other to bits. We are certainly the best Song&Dance subcomm there ever was in the whole RJ lifetime of orientations every year.
I'm never good with words, I never really am the best person to write appreciation notes and stuff. But I can say for sure, that I will miss Song&Dance really really terribly - I will miss all the times we walked into the classroom and pushed all the tables to the sides without even saying a word because we knew what to do.
I will miss all the times we spent 2 hours walking from school to J8 to have lunch - and spending another 2-3 hours at lunch talking and chatting and ending up with dinner by the time we finished lunch.
I will miss not failing to spend at least 2+ hours every single time we have lunch.
I will miss dressing up in sec sch uniforms and taking photos.
Wasn't it just yesterday I couldn't find the words to say To fill the empty silence To break the awkward moments
A little smile and laughter shared A friendship sparked because you cared This path we tread won't be smooth But together we will pull through
Walking hand in hand, heart to heart, joining voices to sing and dance When I start this song, you'll sing along, and we can just go on and on and on
When we look back, will we remember Each moment of this year? The days that mark our time in here Threaten to disappear
All that we have's the present To cherish while we can Seizing every chance we're blessed with And leave with no regrets
Took a firm step in this place Wishes, hopes, we're in a daze The cold walls are taunting Just where's the warmth within?
Whenever you call my name Across the corridor The madness of chasing dreams Doesn't matter anymore
Walking hand in hand, heart to heart, joining voices to sing and dance When I start this song, you'll sing along, and we can just go on and on and on
When we look back, will we remember Each moment of this year? The days that mark our time in here Threaten to disappear
All that we have's the present To cherish while we can Seizing every chance we're blessed with And leave with no regrets
Rough winds only bring us higher Tough fights only make us stronger Yet knowing we've got one another We'll stick together more than ever Yeah...
When we look back, will we remember Each moment of this year? The days that mark our time in here Threaten to disappear
All that we have's the present To cherish while we can Seizing every chance we're blessed with And leave with no regrets
When we look back, will we remember Each moment of this year? The days that mark our time in here Threaten to disappear
All that we have's the present To cherish while we can All the friends we've made we won't forget We'll leave with no regrets This two years no regrets This two years no regrets.